Sign in to follow this  
jude3500

Glad To Be Here

jude3500

So happy to find this site. I recently got the watch-bug and I've been searching for a reputable place to conduct research and locate someone I can trust as I've realized its a bit scary out there.

Got to share my story... my wife's Grandfather owned a bar in the 50-60's in Milwaukee and he just passed away last Fall. His home was in the worst part of town (turned for the worse years ago) and he was robbed several times. Cleaning out his home we found stashes of cash all over the home and "treasures" here and there from the old days. We found a ton of bar-related items and then found a box filled with jewelry and watches. All sorts of jewelry- rings, earnings and watches... BUT, the stones were taken out of most the jewelry and we found a couple old Elgin Pocket Watches with the jewels also taken out. We figured it out that a lot of people back in "the day" would pay their bar-tabs with jewelry and her Grandfather would sell the stones and keep the gold. Anyways, we hit pay dirt with a 1960 patek philippe calatrava. The wrist band was long gone but it still runs! So, we had it appraised for $9,000 and I became intrigued with patek and their history. The killer is that I don't feel comfortable wearing a 9k watch and especially one that's in such terrific shape for being in a box for the past 30+ years. Plus, its a watch that I totally appreciate but its just not my style.

So, now I'm here and looking for a great replica Patek (but a more modern model). I just need a little direction and still don't know what model I want... so thanks for offering this site to point me in the right direction!

Sparkal

Cool story to read, so welcome from little old new Zealand.

Well your on the right track here mate, best advise is to get a reading this plethora of information.

Research, research... And oh yes research.

Come for the patek, stay for all the other amazing stuff you find on your journey!

TRANSPORTER

Lovely story, take done advice from me, it was given to me when I joined but I foolishly ignored it LEAVE NOW NEVER COME BACK, it's like drug man you get addicted, been here two months and already my third watch is on its way to me!!!!!!!

No seriously you couldn't of found a better site, trust the TD,s I personally use Silix only because of her prices and my current budget, but everyone of them are trusted for a reason.

As for the forum members, they are great, a lot of help plenty of knowledge lots of Micky taking (all in fun) and its moderated extremely well.

So enjoy your time here and prepare the wife for you pacing up and waiting and waiting for your first rep to be delivered, just one word for you "patience" welcome to the club my friend

Luthier

Welcome to the Paradise!

Pics of Patek would be nice to see...

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG, hope you find some good watches to buy.

TyLoper

WELCOME! Also to post pictures, the easiest way that I have found is imgur.com. Make an account upload your pictures, click on them, and the site will generate a copyable link to post here! Good luck and again, welcome!