Sign in to follow this  
Joshle

Hello Everyone, first time here need more info please

Joshle

Hi,

I am looking for a Jaeger Lecoultre grand master thin in rose gold (or something similiar) anybody has any tip on how to get one and at what price?

Thanks a lot!

black263

Welcome. First go here http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showforum=6 and read the stickies. Then use the search function top right to put in what you want. Read all the entries and if you're still unsure, come back and ask.

Joshle

Thanks a lot guys! I am mostly looking for non complicated watches, like a Patek Calatrava or something similar, when I look on the TD list i see that these kind of watches are not super expensive, do you guys know why? Should I be worried of getting one?

black263

Thanks a lot guys! I am mostly looking for non complicated watches, like a Patek Calatrava or something similar, when I look on the TD list i see that these kind of watches are not super expensive, do you guys know why? Should I be worried of getting one?

What would you call "not super expensive"

Wriggles

Calatrava's are quite simple non-chrono non complicated watches showing just time and date. I expect they are using therefore simpler movements and a lot of quartz ones I noticed, so therefore the movements are cheaper and the watches are cheaper.

Not knowing much about them but looking at the various one's available this would be my conclusion, be it right or wrong

houndoggie

There is no correlation between cost of the genuine and the rep.

The biggest determining factor for rep price is movement type.

onzenuub

What would you call "not super expensive"

I sell the same watches for $ 2000,- more. :P

dingle

Well I am looking at this watch right now

http://www.silix-pri...roducts_id=1506

What do you guys think? Is it worth it?

nice watch

small face

you will need to replace the rep strap once received.

trailboss99

Nice but small as Ding said, only 35mm dia.

And yes BTW, rep leather straps are often crap.

Joshle

ok thanks for the input, so it is basically a substantial investment, $250 for the watch plus shipping then a new strap prob from Serge at $100... Even Silix leather strap are crap at this price?

dingle

ok thanks for the input, so it is basically a substantial investment, $250 for the watch plus shipping then a new strap prob from Serge at $100... Even Silix leather strap are crap at this price?

most rep leather straps are crap......

trailboss99

Lots of quality straps around for less than that, $30 will buy a decent strap from Strap Boys or International Watchman etc

Joshle

Thanks Trailboss! I guess I was looking at the wrong TD then! Since you seem to know about straps I posted on the general forum a thread about roadster Cartier Straps, any idea where to find these?