Sign in to follow this  
graman

Chanel J12 Ladies

graman

Yes...It was my wife's birthday, and I was going to be in trouble if I didn't find her something great.

She's phaffed around about a watch for a while, and had settled between a TT Brietling cockpit or a Chanel J12.

I opted for the Chanel, while I could afford it... :salute:

Again, I was incredibly impressed with the packaging from Josh.

It arrived in a gift box within a gift box with papers as shown

Chanel10.jpg

The leather look case is really well put together, and delighted me, as I was expecting just the watch without the muss and fuss.

Chanel9.jpg

Now let's open this sucker....

Chanel8.jpg

This isn't how it arrived....it arrived stuffed in the box as if off a production line, bagged and wrapped as per usual, however I unwrapped it for Mrs Graman and mounted it in the box, sans all wrappings except the "sapphire" label which I left on the dial.

Chanel7.jpg

This watch is big!...about 36mm without crown, yet accents her wrist beautifully.

The ceramic pearl on the crown is secure and consistent in hue.

Chanel4.jpg

Chanel5.jpg

The bracelet was impressive. A double fold "snap" style deployant, on a solid ceramic bracelet...yes...there are no steel cores on this.

Chanel2.jpg

Chanel1.jpg

The bracelet is a right bugger to resize, as it has a very fiddly pin system through it that I can only imagine is specific to the chanel ceramics, as the pins have a collar on one end to ensure there is no slipping or undue pressure on the links, causing them to shatter.

The black is like obsidian, and reflects well...so far, it's held up without scratches.

The J12 runs a quartz movement...sorry did not open the caseback...I can't get it off her wrist long enough, however accuracy is brilliant, typical of a quartz movement.

Adjustment of the crown is simple, and fluid, from the screwing action and the time adjustment, not being too stiff or loose. The date is also simple and responsive.

Lume on the hands is as you may imagine, appauling, however it's not a hanging offence...I can imagine the gen isn't much better, and my wife isn't worried about it.

Feedback on the date window is a different matter though, being too small, and a white font on a black background being quite weak. Window is located at 4:30.

Chanel6.jpg

Chanel3.jpg

All in all, at $198 plus shipping, I'm pleased with the result and the price.

It can probably be sourced cheaper, however time wasn't on my side in this instance, and shipping experienced delays due to Chinese New Year, causing me to correspond with Josh on a couple of occasions.

All in all though, a smooth transaction, and very pleased with the result, as is Mrs Graman.

Now...go get one for your significant other, if for no other reason than to elay your guilt!

greg_r

Nice one. I've been thinking of picking up a white J12 for my missus - it's our anniversary soon.

dingle

WOW! the missus will be impressed. I predict great things in your future. :salute:

graman

Can recommend...very good value for money....prefer without the bling, but that's a personal thing...

:salute:

KBH

I bought the same one in white for Mrs. H. for her birthday last year. She loves it, as I'm sure Mrs. Graman will. Very nice choice.

When I mentioned it was a birthday gift to Robert he was kind enough to through in a box set at n/c. (Thanks Robert!)

graman
WOW! the missus will be impressed. I predict great things in your future. :salute:

'd ya reckon???

:lol: