Sign in to follow this  
Miracle

3.5 SOON TO BE 3.6 After KENNY

Miracle

Ok guys so to day i have sent my 3.5 ap diver from toro witch i must say is a top REP off to kenny to work all his wonder on it bezel and case refubrish / waterproofing /regulating /full relume /new gasgets and so im sure this will be one hell of an AP when kenny is done ill get kenny to post updates and who and what hi will be doing to my watch

Edited by Miracle

Luthier

Why??????????

Miracle

BIG SCRATCH DOWN BEZEL SO MIGHT AS WELL GET IT ALL DONE MATE

Xebryus

Haha why are you yelling?? Good luck, Kenny has done some great work for people around here.

Miracle

yep sorry caps lock lol yeah had a go at sorting it out but made a mess of it lol so off to a pro

Miracle

pics soon :giggle:

watch.aholic

Oh I so want to see the result..

Olly

Is it back yet ?!?!? :wub:

Miracle

Not yet will be about 3weeks but will update with pics as soon as kenny send them to me so far he has my watch an will start on it very soon

Olly

Cool !

Miracle

pics this weekend

lightcurve

This I have to see! Good luck

Miracle

I hate set backs

taukappaepsilon

Please update this thread as often as you can. I was going to send my v3.5 to Kenny for the works also but its really expensive and time consuming. Depending on how yours comes out, I might do the same. The relume of the inner bezel is really important. If he can make the inner numbers a little thicker there will be virtually no flaws at all.

Miracle

we will see a bit of a hold up at kennys end but hope to be done in the next 3-4 weeks

Edited by Miracle

Miracle

Ok so pics and work will be done this week end guys the MODS are

- Complete relume hands, indexes, bezel insert removing stock lume with Superluminova C3+C1

- Waterproofing with pressure test 4 BARs, grease all orings, seal crystal with UV Adhesive

- Movement regulation COSC

- Brushing bezel to remove scratches

- Polish sides of bezel to remove scratches

baxter
Anticipation_zpsc61e075d.jpg

timetech08

Ok so pics and work will be done this week end guys the MODS are

- Complete relume hands, indexes, bezel insert removing stock lume with Superluminova C3+C1

- Waterproofing with pressure test 4 BARs, grease all orings, seal crystal with UV Adhesive

- Movement regulation COSC

- Brushing bezel to remove scratches

- Polish sides of bezel to remove scratches

why would one put uv glue on the crystal of this watch ? it is held in with a gasket if anything just replace gasket if it is leaking ? maybe u misunderstood what he is doing ?

KeNnY

Due to construction of the watch, due to reps are not like gens, and just to ensure longetivity of waterproofing, to seal all microscopic leakages that can appear on reps around gasket hole. The crystal is pushed to metal ring of bezel insert assembly, and not bezel insert like on v2 v1.But You can basically push the crystal whole in, make it uneven. More pushed etc., not like on rolex reps where the crystal will stop on edge. The thin layer of uv glue is not visible, and it is also insurance for deeper dives / temperature changes.

Odoslané z C6603 cez Tapatalk 2

timetech08

hmm, my diver crystal sits inside a white retaining gasket , i think if u put glue there u will give it more of a chance to crack the gasket ,, and not really seal anything bettter than it already is ,, we know uv glue is invisable but im not too sure how much more integrity it can give ? glue on plastic just doesnt make good since imho ,, now if u are going on the outer edge of the top of the crystal i can see it making a 10% difference but i have pressure tested the diver after just some lubing and tighting the screws down from the inside to 3 atm and that is all u will ever need on a replica watch ,, i would love to see a pic of where u are putting this glue at ,, just for my curiosity and fellow modder knowledge ;) ive seen your work btw , it looks great

KeNnY
hmm, my diver crystal sits inside a white retaining gasket , i think if u put glue there u will give it more of a chance to crack the gasket ,, and not really seal anything bettter than it already is ,, we know uv glue is invisable but im not too sure how much more integrity it can give ? glue on plastic just doesnt make good since imho ,, now if u are going on the outer edge of the top of the crystal i can see it making a 10% difference but i have pressure tested the diver after just some lubing and tighting the screws down from the inside to 3 atm and that is all u will ever need on a replica watch ,, i would love to see a pic of where u are putting this glue at ,, just for my curiosity and fellow modder knowledge ;) ive seen your work btw , it looks great

Thank you buddy ;-)

Please you can see my dissasembly and waterproofing of AP diver v3. The crystal doesn't have that much of pressure from gasket when pushing it in.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=32307&hl=mianos&st=40

For comparison

The crystal on hublot diver v4000 is glued from factory with gasket to case so they can assure waterproofness 10Atm. But still better get it checked before believing rep factories :-)

timetech08

i never seen the v3 ,, only the v 3.5 and i see no need for 10atm , who in there right mind would go real diving in a automatic these days, computers took that over years ago , lol but anyway i like to ask why things are when i see no real issue for normal swimming but there is no problem with extra :),, but im checking out the new stuff out this year and all these new modders ,, nice to meet u by the way ,,, i just recently come back to the forums as a hobbyist mainly ;) used to be a full time watchsmith 15 years straight and i modded reps for many of those years, , i love seeing new talent !!!!

Miracle

Ok so kenny got going this weekend

Some pics

2291127D-85EB-482A-A6DD-88557FC78CFF-1625-000000FB59F65F50_zps8339c085.jpg

6B2AFD5B-B05D-4532-B463-B9BBC87DFAFA-1625-000000FB5E91D854_zps8de2c35c.jpg

FE646588-21B2-4669-934B-F7CB5E85F7D9-1625-000000FB63292AA0_zps0360c1f0.jpg

KeNnY
i never seen the v3 ,, only the v 3.5 and i see no need for 10atm , who in there right mind would go real diving in a automatic these days, computers took that over years ago , lol but anyway i like to ask why things are when i see no real issue for normal swimming but there is no problem with extra :),, but im checking out the new stuff out this year and all these new modders ,, nice to meet u by the way ,,, i just recently come back to the forums as a hobbyist mainly ;) used to be a full time watchsmith 15 years straight and i modded reps for many of those years, , i love seeing new talent !!!!

It should be the same construction :-)

There are some they want to be safe. I tested mine Hbb diver for 6 bars as I took it for swimming and light diving last year for holiday. Went Perfect.

Nice to meet you as well buddy. Please feel free to write some tutorials if you have some tips or tricks regarding watch modding :-)

Thanks buddy.

KeNnY

Ok so kenny got going this weekend

Some pics

2291127D-85EB-482A-A6DD-88557FC78CFF-1625-000000FB59F65F50_zps8339c085.jpg

6B2AFD5B-B05D-4532-B463-B9BBC87DFAFA-1625-000000FB5E91D854_zps8de2c35c.jpg

FE646588-21B2-4669-934B-F7CB5E85F7D9-1625-000000FB63292AA0_zps0360c1f0.jpg

THere are more pics I will send to you Neil, soon ;) but I forgot to upload them .