Sign in to follow this  
acid_luving

Panerai tool

BaggyPants
What you want is a 1.6mm cut out screwdriver like this one :

http://www.amazon.com/1-6mm-Cut-out-Screwdriver-Panerai-Luminor/dp/B0084G1DW6

It will fit the screw head perfectly and never strip it. Using a regular wedge shaped flathead is asking for s stripped screw head eventually. The cut out driver is just like what comes with gen Pam's. it works prefectly on Rolex links too.

Read my post before. Had one if these super dooper "cut out" screwdrivers. It bent and twisted to fuck after changing four straps. Replaced it with a normal 1.6mm and got another 1/4 turn out of all the screws on my 177 because it stayed in the screw head, unlike the twisted "cut out".

BaggyPants

Driver_zps84bd7238.jpg

The top screwdriver is the ultra fantastic "cut out" screwdriver from Watch Obsession. They state:

The screwdriver is made to a high quality and you will not be disappointed when using it on your expensive watch."

They are wrong. It's shit. And it's £13.95 worth of shit. It wouldn't stay in the screw heads, because it just warped before my eyes. Seriously, I've had snot harder than the metal in the blade!

This is what it started out like:

Driver2_zpsaa645bb1.jpg

The bottom screwdriver in the first photo is a standard 1.6mm jewellers jobby. It cost me £9. It has never slipped out of a Panerai screw head, never warped, and tightens the screws up far better than the crappy piece of turd above it.

gottahaverolex

I'm guessing the quality of that driver is the issue and not the design. The Panerai OEM screw driver is a cut out type and so are the drivers that Rolex ADs use to remove links. The OP asked what tool he could buy and my reply was to buy the correct one. That sucks yours collapsed like that but the one I bought for $5.88 is just as well made as the oem Pam scredriver that came with my 312 and 233. Use what you like, I prefer the cut out.

Fred71

PANATIME :)

jeffw69

Just saw this thread! Damn, we got plenty of Panerai tools on this forum. :rofl:

arancini

Just saw this thread! Damn, we got plenty of Panerai tools on this forum. :rofl:

Harsh Jeff.... :giggle:

jeffw69

Harsh Jeff.... :giggle:

You being one of the biggest! :lmao2:

just kidding!

I probably have or had a dozen PAMs over the years.

arancini

Yeah...guilty as charged..... :giggle:

Love those PAM fekkers.