Sign in to follow this  
gowings23

Hello fellow crazies!

gowings23

So I already have a couple of cheap reps and have been looking to upgrade in quality and quantity! :headdesk:

Can anyone give suggestions on how to get dealers to respond to requestsfor specific watches? I've emailed a couple on the preferred list and hav had no responses.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

jmd33
So I already have a couple of cheap reps and have been looking to upgrade in quality and quantity! :headdesk:

Can anyone give suggestions on how to get dealers to respond to requestsfor specific watches? I've emailed a couple on the preferred list and hav had no responses.

Thanks

Tim

You can email Hont (and many other dealers) a picture of the watch you want. They'll let you know if they can get it.

P.S. Welcome to the nut house!!!

Edited by jmd33

KBH

Welcome Gowings23.

Be patient. Sometimes it takes a couple of days to get an answer when they have to go shopping for it. Especially if it's around the weekend.

greg_r
So I already have a couple of cheap reps and have been looking to upgrade in quality and quantity! :)

Thanks

Tim

Depends on who you're contacting, but PrestigeWatchCo and WatchInternational are both normally very good at responding to those kind of requests. Just PM or email them with a description of what you want - a photo is sometimes helpful but not always necessary.

Do bear in mind that there's going to be a time difference - and also bear in mind that their responses may be slower at the weekend.

Welcome to RWG! :)

gowings23

Thanks everyone! I probably caught them at the wrong time on a Friday.

Greg_r - the watch I'm really interested in right now is the Breitling SuperOcean Heritage. I saw your post that you got one not too long ago, do you still like it? The one concern I have about it is whether or not I could take it swimming in a pool.

iabounty

Hello and welcome to RWG gowings23. :)

greg_r
Thanks everyone! I probably caught them at the wrong time on a Friday.

Greg_r - the watch I'm really interested in right now is the Breitling SuperOcean Heritage. I saw your post that you got one not too long ago, do you still like it? The one concern I have about it is whether or not I could take it swimming in a pool.

It's a superb watch and one of the best reps available - very very close to the genuine (having tried the gen at the local AD, I'm hard pressed to tell ANY difference).

With any rep, taking it swimming is risky unless you get it pressure tested first. Your local mall watch repair guy should be able to do it (don't take it into an authorised dealer!). It's possible that the seals may need greasing before it's safe for immersion.

trailboss99

It's all been said above so I'll just say hi and welcome to RWG mate.

Col.