Sign in to follow this  
cougar1

Ceramic Planet Ocean Review (42mm and 45mm). Pic heavy.

dipps

Think I want the Gen version now!!

zak3737

Fantastic write-up bud, and awesome photo's too........really useful. Thanks.

However, I'm not so pleased that you've ignited my interest quite so much....... :drool:

fuba

Gorillapod?

Excellent pics!!

SliceMaster

Whoah that is one great review with stunning pictures and very nice writeup about all details....thank you very much!!!

Just wanna know where did you get your reps from and to what price??

nic3

can you tell me please if its original swiss eta 2824?great job my friend!

mostling

Any crystals available to change the one on the 45mm?

Really like the look of the 42mm but it's just too small for my liking.

michaeltravers

Good educational piece

toehh

Excellent review man! Thanks

cougar1

Thanks guys. Overall it's a pretty critical review. But they are great watches for the price. I'm sure those who own the gen and have lived with it would point out a few more things I left out.

It's a difficult watch to review, you could do several reviews of this...vs gen, vs old V5/UPO, 45mm vs 42mm, also Vs general higher end rep quality (AP diver, Laureus Ingy etc). Some things look much more pronounced in pics than on the wrist (e.g. red numerals looks almost dirty at times, this only comes across in blown up pics!, Movement looks a bit shoddy, but it is really great when just viewing the displayback.)

I'm a useless photographer tbh, but I've kept them without touch ups, just cropping in photoshop....hence all the dust and other crap :) I'd love to see more reviews and also feedback on the blue LM and pumpkin in time. These above were the first releases, if I had known the other versions would be released a few days later I probably would've bought differently.

Anyway I've been wearing the 42mm on the old PO gen rubber for the past couple of days. It's really a grower and looks great on the wrist.

Gorillapod?

Yep Gorillapod, I'm a cheap bugger, it did the job, but got in the way in some pics and I couldn't be bothered cropping it out! :)

Rav747

Just a great detailed review! Pity about the ar on the 45mm

tesmith2112

There is AR on the 45mm, it's only on one side. The AR could be better no doubt, 42MM AR looks great. Reminds me of the 42MM SuperOcean abyss AR.

Great review and pics! I'm about to pick up a gen 8500 PO in the very near future. These new (Gen) PO's are outstanding, a much better value than the latest Sub.

mostling

nic3

42vv version is better from 45mm....

nic3

so its real swiss eta 2824 or not?thanks

cougar1

There is AR on the 45mm, it's only on one side. The AR could be better no doubt, 42MM AR looks great. Reminds me of the 42MM SuperOcean abyss AR.

Great review and pics! I'm about to pick up a gen 8500 PO in the very near future. These new (Gen) PO's are outstanding, a much better value than the latest Sub.

Agree tesmith, I think it's inner also. It's hard to capture the inner blue hue, your pics and some others capture it well. Trouble is as AR properties go it's virtually ineffectual. Next to my old gen smp (with inner AR) its even more reflective, but that could be down to the quality of the sapphire overall. Hopefully they will update with the better quality double AR soon enough.

Makes me tempted to save up for the gen also, I'm loath to get rid of the older PO though.

Best to wait and see if they update the 45 with the 42mm AR, should be more info after CNY! I don't think there is any crystal to subsitute anyway atm.

so its real swiss eta 2824 or not?thanks

It's swiss eta 2836.

cougar1

It definitely looks like a gen eta (not clone) to me. But the same hazards apply as with all genuine swiss movements in reps....i.e. you're not always getting brand new movements and the one I showed above was a bit shoddy looking, ...reconditioned/old/rebuilt/clone parts mixed with gen etc. Mine looked like it had be drop kicked around the place for a while. Working well though! :)

If it's the clones you are after they could be out sometime in the near future.

Geof

Outstanding review! This is precisely the kind of information I wish was available for every watch I'm interested in.

Please buy more Omega reps & review them here. My wallet thanks you in advance. :thumbsup:

ReplicaFromDownunder

Fantastic review, thanks for sharing!:)

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

JLH

WOW! Very helpful review. I am shopping around for a 45mm myself, and got loads from the comparison pictures. I think you have just given me the final motivation to pull the trigger and make it my next rep.

Thanks.

Jason2008

great review....

Still have to order one....... but also want the superocean on rubber...... :sad:

Olig7475

wow that's one of the most comprehensive rep reviews I've seen on here from someone who really knows his stuff, well done Cougar and thanks.

marressey

Outstanding job with the review and pics mate. Looks like I'l wait for a V2 42 mm then...

jcollin4

Ordered mine..Got the 45mm, already have two natos to go on it..

chenner29

They Swiss movements they used on these are hit and miss. My 45mm came with plenty of smudges and stains on the movement. The screws were pretty mangled as well (looked like they used a bigger screwdriver than the screws in the movement allotted for). Rotor was in pretty bad shape as it wouldn't spin properly. Gave it to my watchsmith and now it looks and feels much better.

Now I am debating whether or not I wanna be without it for a few weeks to have it superlumed and the crystal ARed.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2