Sign in to follow this  
crimson

Hello from England

crimson

Hi,

Have a couple of nice vintage gen watches, Rolex, Omega, Rado etc. New on the forum so still trying to find my way around.

What I would really like is a good quality replica vinatge Rolex sports watch - sub or gmt or similar, just looking nicely faded or having lived! Any advice or pointers in the right direction gratefully received!

Thanks.

onzenuub

Welcome from The Netherlands, enjoy your stay over here.

trailboss99

Hi there mate, welcome.

There are some nice vintage Rollies around and at a very low price point too.

However for the vintage look some work will be needed. Most of it is not that hard and a

search of the forum will yield a wealth of how to threads on what to do. silixprime.com has a good range of

vintage stuff around the 100-120 mark that are exelent starting points for such projects.

Col.

KinCaidk

welcome, crimson ;)

have a look around, read a bit and don't hesitate to ask if you have any question.

Onze pointed you in the right direction for a new watch.

and finally: pics of that collection of yours... please .)

trailboss99

Allmost forgot, to see some really nice vintage Rolex stuff search here on "VDB Rolex"

Col.

crimson

Thanks guys thats a great start.

KBH

Just to add to what has been said. You can't really buy a good already vintaged Rolex. But there are some good vintage Rolexes available that will all need some modifications to reach a believable level.

Joshua @ Perfect Clones has some decent ones at pretty good prices and Angus @ Puretime just brought out a new batch of vintage Subs and Sea Dwellers.

They are both dealers that have been around for quite a while.

Here's a "Great White" Sub from Joshua that I've been working on.

DSCN3740.jpg

DSCN3744.jpg

DSCN3761.jpg

DSCN3679.jpg

Fiddo

Hello and Welcome!

;)

iabounty

Hello and welcome to RWG crimson! I love a vintage Rolex myself, but reps. are all my budget can handle... Lot's of great ones around these days as well as good trusted dealers.... Have fun!!! :lol:

crimson

Hey that's a lovely looking SD, exactly what I'm looking for really, maybe even more aged and worn would suit.

If you have a thread elsewhere please point me, but I'd love to know the sort of mods you've done. I take it you've done somehing with the bezel at least.

Also if thats originally from perfect clones would you mind sharing which model no. you went for?

Thanks for sharing - I think you may well have saved me a lot of time!

Silverspeed

Welcome to RWG Crimson from across the North-Sea :lol:

fakemaster

Welcome

KBH
Hey that's a lovely looking SD, exactly what I'm looking for really, maybe even more aged and worn would suit.

If you have a thread elsewhere please point me, but I'd love to know the sort of mods you've done. I take it you've done somehing with the bezel at least.

Also if thats originally from perfect clones would you mind sharing which model no. you went for?

Thanks for sharing - I think you may well have saved me a lot of time!

http://www.perfect-hour.com/rlsdv01002-vin...836-p-7599.html

He's also got the single red, double red and Comex models. I got the Eta clone for $198 but he has the same watch with Asian 21j movement for $98 which is a great watch to practice modding on.

The bezel spent about 3 minutes in a dish of pool chlorine and the pearl spent a couple minutes in my toaster oven. I replaced the crystal with a Clark Rolex style crystal from eBay, which was around $60. I also took a little off the crown guards and darkened the dial with some mahogany wood stain. I think next time I 'd try something different on the dial to age it. I wasn't totally happy with the dial. Also drilled out the spring bar holes to 1.2mm and put in the proper Rolex style spring bars. Oh yes, one last thing. I sanded, buffed and polished the case back to get the shine off and to make it look like it wasn't engraved last week. And did a little smoothing out of the bracelet edges.

There's lots you can do with these with a little ingenuity.

crimson

Thanks dude, really most helpful