ALE7575

The Last Steps to the Gen (Part I) – Swan Neck & Incabloc Mods.– Jan 2013

gB.

What about someone who gets an erection while driving a corvette? Their dick would have gotten bigger.

Baldrick
I am not discounting OP's work, but this will create nightmares for TDs that get hounded by noobs that will expect this level of detail every time, and will post their QC pics because they themselves can't tell if the watch has these attributes or not. It will ruin the QC "system" and end up costing everyone in the long run. You will never get a true 1:1 copy of a $5k watch for $300. If you want to spend time and money to perform these mods after you get the watch, so be it. I will enjoy my reps out of the box for what they are.

@HWG......see post # 28 :)

I can understand modding a watch to give you better lume, AR, better crown and tube...in other words functional mods......even changing the date-wheel, but this level of obsession is lunacy, all it does is instill a sense of self-satisfaction for the modder and fools no-one but himself, plus, as said above create an ethos of unreasonable expectations on the part of noobs and a source of irritation to dealers.

Breno

does anybody know a trusted dealer for the Chinese made replica Lambos?

neil

Thanks ALE, it's what's known as the law of diminishing returns. If it wasn't for this level of attention we would all be wearing $50 knock offs so far from the original. But with each version a new level of expectation is ...expected. If it wasn't for people like ALE with an 'eye for inordinate detail' then the manufacturer would be simply content with supplying demand with the level expected. Thank you ALE for the dedication and continued quest....

solkryssare
does people miss the point here? its never about replica but personal achievement? yes, it's still a replica for, but the journey makes OP a better watchfreak :)

This!

And it's stuff like this that keeps me on these forums. I have no problem with the flaws on our reps but its the wast ocean of discussion topics, research and modding opportunitys that makes the rep world more interesting than the gen to me. ALE's posts adds to the knowledge database and discussion. If talking about the flaws or reps isn't your thing, fair enough........ But FFS, let the geeks be geeks.

We don't need these forums to turn in to TRF and "nice watch, can I shower with it" - posts only.

wat44

Look - I am never even going to think about modding, but I appreciate the effort in posting all this stuff up. And if anyone is crazy enough to do it, I will be very impressed because it will show dedication, skill, etc

I think its very interesting (and loony) - both of which are to be commended

Waipio Jeff
does people miss the point here? its never about replica but personal achievement? yes, it's still a replica for, but the journey makes OP a better watchfreak :)

This!

And it's stuff like this that keeps me on these forums. I have no problem with the flaws on our reps but its the wast ocean of discussion topics, research and modding opportunitys that makes the rep world more interesting than the gen to me. ALE's posts adds to the knowledge database and discussion. If talking about the flaws or reps isn't your thing, fair enough........ But FFS, let the geeks be geeks.

We don't need these forums to turn in to TRF and "nice watch, can I shower with it" - posts only.

+ a bunch. I'll never mod anything that much but it is nice for a change to read and learn rather than just bitch and watch dancing cheese.

narikaa

This!

Yeeeeees

But none but a blind man couldn't see the way other fora withered on the vine once the 'trainspotters' took over ;)

(reminds me of my shooting days, when everyone bought 'Guns & Ammo' to see what was new n exciting, yet eschewed the UK's 'Guns Review' because '100 years of air gun patents' just kinda killed the fun.)

solkryssare

This!

Yeeeeees

But none but a blind man couldn't see the way other fora withered on the vine once the 'trainspotters' took over ;)

(reminds me of my shooting days, when everyone bought 'Guns & Ammo' to see what was new n exciting, yet eschewed the UK's 'Guns Review' because '100 years of air gun patents' just kinda killed the fun.)

Those other fora wither not because research and enthusiasm like this. They wither simply because they are run by dicks. Being OCD and being elitist, is not the same thing.

moredhel

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

projectologist

Those other fora wither not because research and enthusiasm like this. They wither simply because they are run by dicks. Being OCD and being elitist, is not the same thing.

What you said is a fact, not just another opinion.

I'm a little surprised by the number of posts in this thread that really have nothing to do with the OP nor add to it in any way.

solkryssare

I'm a little surprised by the number of posts in this thread that really have nothing to do with the OP nor add to it in any way.

Its the RWG way mate. Good or bad, thats how it is here :) Sometimes a thread takes a completely different turn and end up miles away from where it started. That can be annoying at times, but it also adds to the diversity of this forum and is something I love about it.

TyLoper

Very detailed, GREAT POST!

projectologist

Its the RWG way mate. Good or bad, thats how it is here :) Sometimes a thread takes a completely different turn and end up miles away from where it started. That can be annoying at times, but it also adds to the diversity of this forum and is something I love about it.

This is true and why I'm still here :)

I just hope the noobies to the forum got the "how to tell shit from Shinola" lecture from their parents when they were growing up.

thedoccwc

What Sol said. Incidentally, I always think that if you were to sum up this forum in a visual form, it'd be something like this...just with more tits...

the-life-aquatiuc-with-steve-zissou_zps234094d3.gif

pob944

Thank you for all the work that went in to this!