Sign in to follow this  
ugot1newmail

Rolex Ceramic Submariner (Photos)

ugot1newmail

Hi,

I recently picked up a Ceramic Sub from a site called Rolex Nice Sale. I ordered before discovering this site, they are not a trusted dealer but never the less the watch arrived in good order and seems like a pretty solid rep. It cost about £160 and comes with an ETA movement. The sweep is nice and smooth and it holds time very well. There are a couple of very tiny flaws on the watch including a small mark on the hour hand and some of the numbers on the date wheel are a little fuzzy. Everything else seems pretty good. Having done some research I suspect that this may be from the Noob Factory. Check out the photos, enjoy, and if anyone can give me some more detail on this watch then great...

8486305291_16f30f6c4e_o.jpg

8487396688_322c437a06_o.jpg

8486305539_06be1eb2c2_o.jpg

8487397140_593b83aabe_b.jpg

8486305971_3186cb0fc2_b.jpg

8486306041_dbd1ed1c58_b.jpg

8487397400_574825fb4e_b.jpg

8487397408_c6d55aa232_b.jpg

dingle

pic of the movement?

ugot1newmail

I'm working on that :)

I tried to open the back with a ball of tape but chickened out after it wouldn't budge with considerable force. Maybe I need to get an opening tool for that

PeterPotamus

pic of the movement?

+1

fuplayer

If its an eta clone movement you could have saved a little money buying from a TD here. I believe MR offers this at $188.00.

Luthier

First - it's def. not a noob - look at pearl.

Second - yes, mov't pic. will be helpful.

dvcspl

Looks like my old one from iPara.

Def make sure the movement is legit.. Like yesterday!

Edited by dvcspl

ugot1newmail

Ok I'm going to figure a way of opening her up. I don't have any reason to believe I've been scammed as its working fine and sweeps beautifully with no obvious jitters. It will be good to know for sure though. I'll post a pic once I've done it.

So it's not a Noob then?

dvcspl

I don't think is it a Noob.. The crystal gasket is like super white, the lume dots are shiny white, the 0's on the bezel look strange.. and that pearl is..it just is.

ugot1newmail

Compared in next to a gen today and it's pretty damn close actually. I've ordered a Milgauss from the same dealer but it seems to be taking forever to ship. In contrast I also ordered a Seamaster PO from Reg and I believe it shipped the same day! Think i'll stick to the ADs from now on.

Rolexwatchman

Wooow nice :)

_DC_

Hmm, a lot of their photos have "topgunreplicas" watermarks, bit suspect! I've bought from topgunreplicas before without issue but this would worry me...... a lot! Deffo stick to TD's now you're here!

DC

ugot1newmail

I think I will stick to the TDs. The Milgauss should be with me on Monday if the tracking is to be believed and ill put a review up. They seem to have every rolex under gods sun listed so I'm guessing that they are pulling them from all over the place. I don't know how sites like this work but I'm guessing they are operating under many different names. The owner of the rolexnicesale domain and topgunreplica is the same person for example. Sounds dodgy but I've worn the watch every day for 3 weeks and its great. It's not perfect but you can't see any major flaws with the naked eye.

ugot1newmail

Oh an a big reason for me liking these guys is that shipping is like £9 from China. WI wanted something like $40!

rcm-time

What is the ETA movement inside, I have a GMT-Master II with a 2836-2?

ugot1newmail

It is an eta 2836-2. Almost bound to be an Asian clone. The watch is about to go to Kenny for some modding and a Lume job so ill ask him to confirm once he cracks her open.

Indigo38
It cost about £160

I believe MR offers this at $188.00.

Oh an a big reason for me liking these guys is that shipping is like £9 from China. WI wanted something like $40!

I think they overcharge for the watch to compensate for the reduced shipping price

ugot1newmail

Yes, you are probably right on that point.

Luthier

I just noticed, that triangle on dial is angled. On the first pic. it's very visible.

So, where's mov't pic?

ugot1newmail

It is very very slightly off. Hoping it can be neatened up durning lume job. I don't have the tools to open the case so will have to wait for Kenny to confirm. Sure hope I've not been ripped.

Heisenberg

Judging from your pics this watch is going backwards in time. Not sure Kenny can fix that.

ugot1newmail
:)

sardonix

Nice watch, there is some green smudge on the 9 marker.

ugot1newmail

Yup, I noticed that on the macro shots. You can't see it with naked eyes, even under bright lights. Still bugs me though, hence the impending lume job.

LightGeek

What's that? Airmail vs EMS? "Some site vs Trusted Dealer"? Not really a comparison here.