Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

Anyone know which movement this is please? 25 Jewels Swiss Made?

SSTEEL

I purchased an LV Sub back in 2005, it was originally from EL, and supposed to have a swiss ETA movement.

I have only just now had time to remove the back case. I would appreciate anyone letting me know what I have here please.

8487753131_bd522c14b1_b.jpg

8488845924_c87b14c674_b.jpg

8487753321_0266ce467c_b.jpg

8487753047_a402ca12fd_b.jpg

The watch case is in bad shape, so really need to find out what the movement is so I can replace the case with new.

Thanks in advance!

Grimmi

Looks like an ETA 2836-2 movement to me,and not an Asian clone... but I don't know much, sorry

Hopefully someone who knows more will be along shortly :)

SSTEEL

Thanks, as said, I was told it was a swiss ETA back in 2005, but need conformation really before I proceed with the recasing etc.

Grimmi

What do you mean? I could be wrong, but if you're just going to get a new case and are planning on keeping the same dial, I don't think it would matter if you got a case that suited either an Asian 2836 or ETA 2836, I've put my old ETA movement (& dial) from my DSSD into a case I got that came with an Asian movement... All good :)

But then again, as I said before my knowledge is limited, and I hope I'm not leading you down the wrong path....

I'll shut up for now ;)

SSTEEL

Thanks again, I was not sure if I needed a specific case is all. Yes, I plan on keeping the dial as it's pretty good, and the Crystal is also good.

trailboss99

Nope, as long as you use the MVT ring that is in that one case should not matter.

Can't be 100% on the crystal fitting the new case tho.

SSTEEL

Cheers mate, may source a new case with crystal then in that case, as long as I can find one with the correct cyclops mag.