Sign in to follow this  
DR3M3L

[TUTORIAL] Remove fingerprints/flaws

Luthier

Joran, do you realize, that many people will fuck up their movement, "puching" the release button?

Honestly- I think, you should know way much more, before writing "tutorials", mate. No offense, OK?

Baldrick

:facepalm:

Step 2............!

How to make your own straps.

Step 3.......!

How to service a flying tourbillon.

Luck ...........not to mention amateurs at play.........anyone who follows this 'tutorial' is a fool... !!!

Indigo38

Very interesting - thanks Joran

Jose Betancur

THANKS!

fana05

A for effort..but there are actual tutorials with crisp pictures and clear-cut instructions on this forum. People would be ill-advised to follow this semantically confusing guide because they could potentially damage the movement.

P4GTR

As I said in the tutorial, if you know better share it ;)

It's not the best thing to use something with lint, I know, so please tell what's better to use and I'll edit ofcourse.

I take the time to help, so my distribution to the board is at least better then some people slash others.

Unlike some of the other guys (flying tourbillon.. :lol: ), I don't want to "slash" you, I'm sure you could go back to some of my old threads and embarrass me quite a bit with whatever cockamamie tutorial I was proud of at the time, I've had some doozies.

But.. c'mon kiddo.. A full decasing and cleaning without a single, actual watch tool shown? Except for your underwear.. With such big balls for posting this, I wouldn't think Bergeon makes draws in your size. :lol:

Just thought that watch repair by a wing and a prayer might not be for everyone, making some of these steps sound simple can cause a lot of people to screw up expensive watches.

If you run out of underwear, you can get a case & movement holder, watchmaker silicone grease, and a stick of Rodico for about $25, right from RWG's tool shop. :D

fana05

It's not the best thing to use something with lint, I know, so please tell what's better to use and I'll edit ofcourse.

I take the time to help, so my distribution to the board is at least better then some people slash others.

Unlike some of the other guys (flying tourbillon.. :lol: ), I don't want to "slash" you, I'm sure you could go back to some of my old threads and embarrass me quite a bit with whatever cockamamie tutorial I was proud of at the time, I've had some doozies.

But.. c'mon kiddo.. A full decasing and cleaning without a single, actual watch tool shown? Except for your underwear.. With such big balls for posting this, I wouldn't think Bergeon makes draws in your size. :lol:

Just thought that watch repair by a wing and a prayer might not be for everyone, making some of these steps sound simple can cause a lot of people to screw up expensive watches.

If you run out of underwear, you can get a case & movement holder, watchmaker silicone grease, and a stick of Rodico for about $25, right from RWG's tool shop. :D

lmao make sure there are no skid marks or else lint and dust in the movement will be the least of his worries

Edited by fana05

P4GTR

lmao make sure there are no skid marks or else lint and dust in the movement will be the least of his worries

I think we're one step closer to understanding how the pubes get into our reps. :giggle:

DR3M3L

Enough.. ;)

<RJ>

Rodico is good for more than cleaning (like using with tweezers to get things like loose parts and pubic hairs from movements) and one of those chunks lasts forever!

Brave of you to try this out!

Baldrick

T'was more than enough when you posted.

Maybe you should EDIT the title of your thread....this is certainly not a "TUTORIAL".....perhaps an expression of how luck played a part in your cleaning exercise...but not something any noob should be led towards.

jeffw69

Still an oxygen thief. :facepalm:

powderfreak

Calm down folks, let's not pretend he's done something horrible here! There are better and safer ways to do (and explain) that stuff, but still...

Never even once attempting to write a Tutorial like he did - but now being an expert on everything :facepalm:

DR3M3L
Calm down folks, let's not pretend he's done something horrible here! There are better and safer ways to do (and explain) that stuff, but still...

Never even once attempting to write a Tutorial like he did - but now being an expert on everything :facepalm:

Indeed, thanks mate.

LightGeek

Indeed, thanks mate.

I guess you need to retitle it something like mine heh...

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=42081

DR3M3L

Indeed, thanks mate.

I guess you need to retitle it something like mine heh...

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=42081

You have no idea. ;)

stinger161

In step 4 do YOU actually turn around the watch? Like a pirouette? And what are latex handshoes? Once these are made clear I can start.

Luthier

OK, guys, he got our point.

Keep learning, kid.

DR3M3L
OK, guys, he got our point.

Keep learning, kid.

Thanks luth, already requested a removal after the first page, so it's alright.

Cheers mate.

10:10 Watch Repair

Thanks luth, already requested a removal after the first page, so it's alright.

Cheers mate.

Just change your user name, and then post here making fun of the thread.

Baldrick

P.S.

Stop biting your nails, it's very unnatractive, you won't pull a muscle, never mind a burd if you keep doing that !!!

Realism

So I guess this is not going to win the $1k prize?

jeffrx

Nice work Joran!

replicastuff

Thanks for the write up and taking time to take the pics at each stage. Cheers

Monffo

Joran that is really useful. Thanks a lot. I'd like to have a go at taking a cheap copy Rolex apart that I have. Will the process be pretty much the same do you know? Would I be able to re-align the dial which is slightly off centre or is that a whole different ball game?

5agequgy.jpg