Sign in to follow this  
pablom617

Which do you guys suggest? Reg's 45mm PO or Toro's 42mm PO

BaggyPants

Completely different horses mate.

Monffo

How so? Not a huge diff in price so where us the big diff?

pablom617

Completely different horses mate.

Can you elaborate? Other than the movement and the size I'm not sure I get what you mean...

BaggyPants

Give me time to eat my tea and I will.

RichardMiami

Other than size and movement?

HUH?

Those are rather HUGE differences.....

pablom617

I understand the difference between the movements. So I guess you guys are saying it is a no brainer going for Toro's?

From what I understood previously the 4813 is a hacked a21j movement... does that warrant the extra cost?

AS90

3.5mm is a big difference on the wrist.

RichardMiami

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=6930

read this and you will understand

I have read that already but nobody has answered me yet to as far as is Toro's 42PO is worth the extra $$.

No one can tell you what is worth money to you. You have to decide that yourself. If you are concerned with having the better movement in the smaller watch, then go for Toro's. If you are ok with the 21J on the 45mm PO, go for Reg's. How are we supposed to know what it is worth to you? That is a personal decision.

BaggyPants

Reg's is a 45mm, and has an incorrect bezel (not enough teeth), incorrect pearl, hardly any anti-refection on the crystal, and happy feet on the Omega logo. It's a great budget watch, but it has a lot of tells to it.

Toros is a v.5 (fifth generation) 42mm, it has the correct bezel, nice blue anti-reflection on the crystal, far better pearl, anti faking etching on the back, no happy feet on the logo and is generally considered to be a bloody good rep for the money. It has far fewer tells compared to the gen PO42. Definitely worth the extra $45.

I have four of the PO42 as sold by Toro, one of each colour with 4813 movements and a black bezel/white numbered one with Asian clone ETA. I have had one of Reg's PO45's, but sold it on. Reason - The v.5 PO42's are superior in every way.

pablom617

Reg's is a 45mm, and has an incorrect bezel (not enough teeth), incorrect pearl and happy feet on the Omega logo. It's a great budget watch, but it has a lot of tells to it.

Toros is a v.5 (fifth generation) 42mm, it has the correct bezel, far better pearl, anti faking etching on the back, no happy feet on the logo and is generally considered to be a bloody good rep for the money. It has far fewer tells compared to the gen PO42. Definitely worth the extra $45.

I have four of the PO42 as sold by Toro, one of each colour with 4813 movements and a black bezel/white numbered one with Asian clone ETA. I have had one of Reg's PO45's, but sold it on. Reason - The v.5 PO42's are superior in every way.

Thank you! That is the exact answer I was looking for.

pablom617

I have read that already but nobody has answered me yet to as far as is Toro's 42PO is worth the extra $$.

No one can tell you what is worth money to you. You have to decide that yourself. If you are concerned with having the better movement in the smaller watch, then go for Toro's. If you are ok with the 21J on the 45mm PO, go for Reg's. How are we supposed to know what it is worth to you? That is a personal decision.

What a waste of text.

BaggyPants

Toro 42mm's:

PO42-1.jpg

OrangePO2213_zps8e79a729.jpg

HFHPO1_zps995b6b83.jpg

Reg 45mm:

RegPO-1.jpg

And just to confuse you even more, the Ultimate Planet Ocean 45mm:

UPO007-1_zpsa49a60a8.jpg

Wrist15113-1_zps941f04d5.jpg

pablom617

Nice pics, I saw most of them in your other threads.

I read you felt the V5 is very close to the UPO. Thanks for making the decision easier!

nunu78

What a waste of text.

Hang on mate, Richard was quite right and frankly speaking do your own home work.

RichardMiami

What a waste of text.

Yup - total waste of text. Next time I will regale you with the details of the watch, instead of answering your question. It obviously went over your head anyway.

BaggyPants

I read you felt the V5 is very close to the UPO. Thanks for making the decision easier!

The v.5 PO42 is at least on a par with the UPO.

pablom617

The v.5 PO42 is at least on a par with the UPO.

Sounds good.

jeffw69

What a waste of text.

Waste of text?

Is that how you talk to people trying to help you?

You need to get a fucking clue noob.

You are a fucking waste of oxygen.

aaaaaaaand my ignore list grows. :facepalm:

pablom617

What a waste of text.

Waste of text?

Is that how you talk to people trying to help you?

You need to get a fucking clue noob.

You are a fucking waste of oxygen.

aaaaaaaand my ignore list grows. :facepalm:

Do you feel better now?

RichardMiami

Neither Jeff nor I care... you asked a question, and then you couldn't deal with the answer.

The word "worth" is a perfectly good word. It's a value judgement. Perhaps when you grow up a little, you will learn to consult a dictionary once in a while.

Until then, maybe you should take up philately. I hear it is a very worthwhile hobby.

pablom617
Neither Jeff nor I care... you asked a question, and then you couldn't deal with the answer.

The word "worth" is a perfectly good word. It's a value judgement. Perhaps when you grow up a little, you will learn to consult a dictionary once in a while.

Until then, maybe you should take up philately. I hear it is a very worthwhile hobby.

For someone who doesn't care you seem to enjoy expending energy blowing hot air. Just relax your nerves pal, we are just some guys on the Internet talking about replica watches.

BaggyPants

Lads, lads, calm, down. Must be the heat in Florida going to your brains! :) My wife is coming over there in a few weeks. Play nicely, or I'll order her to hunt you down and give you a slap :lol: