Sign in to follow this  
barkingtoad

pressure testing

barkingtoad

Does anyone know were i can get my rep sub & chanelj12 pressure tested in(Oldham, Manchester, Uk )

everywhere i go i keep getting. :rofl: & turned away

HELLLLLLP !! :rofl:

I know im being a bit specific about region but you never know

trailboss99

Um, where have you been going?

Please tell me you haven't been trying to get ADs to test your rep?

Any mall "watchstation" type booth can do a test for you and they won't care WTF it is.

Col.

barkingtoad
Um, where have you been going?

Please tell me you haven't been trying to get ADs to test your rep?

Any mall "watchstation" type booth can do a test for you and they won't care WTF it is.

Col.

No col

just a couple of local jewellers who change watch batteries & the like.

May have to just drop it in the sink & look for bubbles,the sub does have orings on the crown & under the back case

trailboss99

There won't be any bubbles mate, even if it leaks.

Go to the mall and find a booth, there should be a motza of them.

Col.

KBH

A simple test that may save you from getting water inside is to put it in a bowl of very hot water from your sink. In theory the heat causes the air inside the case to expand and will force bubbles out. You have to make sure you're not looking at bubbles coming out from under the bezel, etc., which they will.

Of course your doing this at your own risk. Don't yell at me if you ruin something. :rofl:

I would also suggest using silicone grease on both the o-rings at the crown and on the case back and of course make sure they are both tight before you experiment. If it passes this you are probably OK to wear it while washing your hands and showering. It definitely doesn't mean it's going to be a certified dive watch.

My normal water test is to take out the movement and throw the case in the bottom of the deep end of my pool and let it sit for a couple of hours. Unfortunately, you may need to install a pool to do this one.

I've had very good luck with all the dive watches that I've taken to the beach or out on my boat. Never had one leak yet.

barkingtoad

KBH in garden now digging for a pool christ the wife will bloody kill me when she gets home

KBH
KBH in garden now digging for a pool christ the wife will bloody kill me when she gets home

I like your attitude. Tell her you'll fill it back in when you're finished testing your watches. She understand!

greg_r

If you have a local Debenhams, try the 'in-time' watch repair franchise that can be found in most Debenhams branches. Some are better than others but my local one can handle pressure testing and they're not bothered about handling reps.

barkingtoad

cheers Greg going to debenhams now , like your idea over kbh's think he just wants me to scald my hands :D :D

dingle
cheers Greg going to debenhams now , like your idea over kbh's think he just wants me to scald my hands :D :D

smart you are.......:rofl:

KBH

Jeesh! I'm trying to help and all I get is a ration of shit!

But my way is still cheaper. :rofl:

dingle
cheers Greg going to debenhams now , like your idea over kbh's think he just wants me to scald my hands :D:rofl:

Jeesh! I'm trying to help and all I get is a ration of shit!

But my way is still cheaper. :rofl:

sorry B. :rainingshit:...:D

greg_r
But my way is still cheaper. :D

only AFTER you've built the pool, mate :D

barkingtoad

my debenhams didnt have a watch repair place bugger!!

tryed a place over the way called "time piece watch repairers" but he wouldnt put it in the machine said he was scared of breaking his tester ( gobshite )

well i think i may have to go to the fuck you thread & vent some steam *@**:^@

greg_r

Oh shit. Sorry to hear that. Most Debs have 'em but I guess not all...

As for 'breaking his tester', what a fucking asshole. There's gotta be a rep-friendly watchsmith somewhere in the Oldham area, mate - just a case of finding him...

barkingtoad

GREG will try the big debenhams at the trafford center they should have one, is it the same counter that sells watches??

barkingtoad

bump

barkingtoad

bump

greg_r
GREG will try the big debenhams at the trafford center they should have one, is it the same counter that sells watches??

No - it's a separate franchise called "In Time." Hopefully you won't get the muppets that run some branches... :D

barkingtoad

thanks greg found 2 in manchester 1 in debenhams & 1 standalone when i ask for it tested do i tell them its a rep or not ??

greg_r
thanks greg found 2 in manchester 1 in debenhams & 1 standalone when i ask for it tested do i tell them its a rep or not ??

PM sent

KBH

So let us know how it works out. Bet the J12 fails!

barkingtoad

KBH if the j12's gona fail im not going to test it not wasting money for nothing anyway more interested in my sub she can take her own

KBH

Hey, I don't know any more that you do about it. I just don't think so because it doesn't have a screw down case back. That always scares me.

It does have a screw down crown but I have no idea if it actually has o-rings inside it.

If the Sub doesn't pass have them grease the o-rings and try it again. It'll probably pass the first time though.

barkingtoad

sent an email to a little watch repairer near me yesterday & he's just rang me saying he will test the sub no problem & any others i get GOOD TIMES,

but he said not to bring it if i think it will fail because the tester will put it under great strain BAD TIMES

what do i do ???