Sign in to follow this  
cheeese

Looking for a couple good base watches to go franken.

cheeese

Can you tell me what the best Submariner rep is? Just kidding well kind of.

Well I've been bitten by the bug and don't even have my first rep yet

Been lurking here for the past week and have read quite a bit including a lot of BKs posts and TCs entire blog. I've also gone through most of the rep sites in search of my first Sub no dates.

After going through all of the dealer sites I noticed that none of the 14060 cases have lug holes and this is a bigger tell than I'm willing to live with. However, I figure I can always drill them later but ideally I'd like to find a watch with them already there.

So on to my questions. I'm hoping someone else here shares my fondness for the no date subs and has a little bit of experience and can point me to good starting point for a 14060 and either a 5512 or 5513. I'm less concerned about movement as this can be switched out later and am more concerned about finding watches with cases that will accept gen parts and allow me to mod and go franken with the 14060 and to both franken and age the 5512/5513.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by cheeese

cheeese

Anyone? No suggestions?

sgtguk

Depends on what your budget is cheeese ?

If you do a little searching on the forum mate you'll find that Josh (PC) has a great starter for a 5513 build with more or less gen construction, from there you can go the Mbw route (more expensive) which is a better base to start from, again Gen spec.The builds will cost you a fair bit to realise mate either way you choose to go, perhaps look around the forums for a M2M sale for one already built saves a lot of time waiting for parts etc

Some builds using different cases for you (Heritage aside!)

IMG_1776_zpsca2deb69.jpg

Edited by sgtguk

cheeese

Thanks

I'll check them out.