Sign in to follow this  
jhol12

What should I do?

jhol12

Ok. So today i recieved my first every replica. (im a huge n00b). After much research on this site i chose to get a two toned rolex sub from mary with swiss eta timing. When recieved it today everything looked good... so wore the watch with much pride.. HOWEVER, after about 5 hours of use, for no reason the watch fell of my wrist onto the ground.. i was startled. After picking it up, it looks as if the pin has just fallen out of the link which keeps the band together. (as in the link from the strap bit to the other link)..

As this is my first watch i am a bit dissapointed.. but as a massive noob dont know what I should do? Is it something i can quickly and cheaply get fixed at a jeweller? or should i do something through mary and get the watch sent back or what???

Any help will be much appreciated!!

greg_r

Sorry to hear of your problem - this occasionally happens with reps, unfortunately (actually, it happens with gens too...)

The Rolex bracelets screw together (rather than using pins), so from the way you describe it, it sounds like one of the screws wasn't done up tight. It should just be a matter of getting a replacement screw and fitting it yourself (very easy to do - you just need a small screwdriver).

This should be covered by guarantee, so in the first instance I'd recommend emailing Mary and letting her know what the problem is. She should then take it from there...

jhol12

Thanks! il give her an email now and hopefully it is easily sorted. Just out of interest. Is it easy to get new screws for them?

KBH

Didn't you get any extra links?

Generally you have to take out at least one link and often two just to size the bracelet to your wrist. The extra link should have what you need, assuming that you lost a screw that holds the links together. The other possibility is you lost a spring bar which can be bought locally for a maybe a dollar.

jhol12

Yes i do have an extrra link.. im a real n00b.. can u explain quickly what I should do!

Thanks a lot/

greg_r

KBH has a good point - if you've adjusted the bracelet already, you should have some spares. Generally if you need spares, you'll end up having to buy a complete link (and not all dealers are willing to supply - but you might be able to get a couple of spares if you're ordering something else) - shouldn't be necessary though. Once the bracelet is adjusted and all the screws are tight, you shouldn't need a spare again...

KBH

Assuming you lost a screw out of a link. Just take the little screw out of the extra link and put the bracelet back together and replace the screw that fell out.

If it's something else then you better post a picture so we can see exactly what the problem is.

andy66

If it turns out it is the screws mate and you havent got one,send me a PM.

Ive got a few i can spare from links ive removed.

My first DSSD did the same thing,im forever checking them now,lol.

king_o

Just a reminder to use something like Loctite blue to put on threads of various screws, to help 'lock' them, when you get a new Rep.

dingle
Just a reminder to use something like Loctite blue to put on threads of various screws, to help 'lock' them, when you get a new Rep.

+1

this is great advice, and it really works!

Member X

Thanks for the tip, I will have to get some!

(I assume it's not a permanent glue, just a sticky substance?!)

dmisgod

I've been hording bracelets and straps ever since my SSD fell into a sewege drain ;)

btw, welcome to the forum man, post some pics of your rep, it's a must here.

trailboss99

You just learned a lesson my friend. It always pays to check all the screws on a bracelet when you get a new watch.

You don't want blue (243) on a thread that small tho, purple (222MS) is quite strong enough. Blue can be strong enough

to mar the heads of the screws and/or harm the threads next time you remove one. Make sure you do any loctiteing

before you oil the bracelet.

Col.

Luthier

Why don't you just post 2 pictures of bracelet separation - top view and side view? We'll know, what's happened.

fakemaster

222 is better.