Sign in to follow this  
GC

Rolex Milgauss...a pictorial

GC

I bought this watch from WBK (a superb dealer and all around nice guy), recieved it in 3 days from ordering it and am all around very impressed. This is my seceond rep purchase and first 2813 21J movt'. I wanted to see and feel for myself what this movt' is all about because it is so frequently offered in the lower priced reps. I have to say that although it's no ETA/Clone high beat, it does what it should, keeping time at + 8 sec per 24h, and all at an extreamly affordable price.

Fit and finish of this watch is probably the thing that caught me off guard the most, it is as nicely made and feels as solid as my DSSD which cost considerably more, three times more to be exact. Apart from the movt', which suffers from the typcal rotor noise (zzzzz') which I expected, and a slight herky jerky sweep (again to be expected), this watch is a STUNNER!!!

The dial is immaculate, every thing is perfectly aligned, including engraved crown on the rehaut @ 12.

IMG_2126S.jpg

IMG_2097S.jpg

Here is the crystal without the GV antireflective effect. I have to say the play between it really makes this watch something special.

IMG_2096S.jpg

The caseback is very well engraved and polished, and per my novice eyes, looks as good as the gen.

IMG_2124S.jpg

The bracelet & clasp are beautifuly done, mirror polished & brushed to perfection.

IMG_2122S.jpg

IMG_2123S.jpg

The clasp engravings are very well done, and again per my novice eyes, look as good as the gen.

IMG_2105S.jpg

The crown looks the part, and I have to say, although not as smooth as the ETA/Clone movt, has a very solid feeling when winding the 21J movt'.

IMG_2120S.jpg

The Lume on the Milgauss is a real treat, I'm very fond of the Green/Blue combo.

IMG_2140S.jpg

And lastly the "Money Shot" (It's all about the GREEN baby!)

IMG_2117S.jpg

Thanks for let'n me share

And a big Tank You to Stan/WBK for a phenominal watch!

KBH

Nice! Your photo ability is amazing.

I had one of those for quite a while. What a beauty and so comfortable to wear. Now I'm kinda missing it....

onzenuub

Beautiful pics you've made, like them.

greg_r

The Milgauss is a great rep - and Stan is a great guy. Can't go wrong with either :kinkythegayviking:

barkingtoad

want one

GC

Thanks you guys, it was a fun watch to shoot. I figured since Silverspeed took such beautiful shoots of his, I would try and do more macro shoots instead. And after fool'n around with my camera again, and adjusting the settings, I am much happier with the results than with the DSSD pics.

btw: My father liked the watch so much he is now the proud owner. You should have seen the look on his face when I gave it to him, he knows it's a rep of course, but none the less a smile from ear to ear.

There is no better feeling than make'n someone happy!

graman

Awesome photos mate.....you have a great eye...

Watch is lovely too......I'm not a big rollie fan, but I like this...

sconehead

Those great pics would make any watch look great...excellent skills mate...any tips?

mad dawg

Great photos and great idea giving the watch to some who will enjoy it.

One question; I had a similar quality rep Milguass in my hands once, and when I shook it to wind the seconds briefly stopped. Did you notice this on yours? Seems to be a common trait on cheap movements.

MD

iabounty
Thanks you guys, it was a fun watch to shoot. I figured since Silverspeed took such beautiful shoots of his, I would try and do more macro shoots instead. And after fool'n around with my camera again, and adjusting the settings, I am much happier with the results than with the DSSD pics.

btw: My father liked the watch so much he is now the proud owner. You should have seen the look on his face when I gave it to him, he knows it's a rep of course, but none the less a smile from ear to ear.

There is no better feeling than make'n someone happy!

Your fathers a very lucky man to have a son like you G. :Whistle:

Spirit

Awesome pictures mate!

...I´m not a big fan of the Milgauss myself, but those pictures are really outstanding!

Loved the first pic, with the gradient shade of green on the crystal.

Cheers,

Spirit.

Silverspeed

Very cool pics GC :kma: you have an excellent eye for composition...

the Milgauss is a beautiful watch and the green tinted sapphire makes it an unique watch.

Someone mentioned that all the current green Milgausses come from the same factory but comparing

your Milgauss to the one I had I see that yours has a different lume colour

I regret selling mine....hmmmm maybe time to get a new one :thepianohasbeendrinking:

Member X

Well I thought they all came from the same 'Milgauss factory' but I may be wrong!

We need Robert to chip in!

GC
Someone mentioned that all the current green Milgausses come from the same factory but comparing

your Milgauss to the one I had I see that yours has a different lume colour

The lume colors in my shot , for some reason, are not coming out true to life...

they seem much more intensive in the pic where as in real life they are much more subdued.

It might be the ambient lighing I'm using or it's just my camera coupled with my novice skills.

KinCaidk

Great pics, GC.. And a bloody nice rep too!

I'm afraid that it would wear a bit small on my wrist. But I might be getting one anyway :blink:

dingle

very Nice GC. I wish I could take pics like that....and +1 on what bounty said. :itchyandscratchy:

cousin_hub

Hi

is this the same that Andrew and Josh sell ?

Regards

Relayman

Don't know about them, but I bought this same watch from WBK and received it in the mail about four days later. At that time he wasn't actively advertising the watch, be he obviously had stock. Send Stan an email. His CONUS service is second to none.

Robert at Prestige is currently offering a newer version. The fit and finish on the WBK model is excellent. Same for the Milgauss that I have recently received from Robert. The Milgauss from Robert has a slightly larger diameter case and it is thicker as well. The bracelet and clasp are equally larger and therefore heavier.

Are there any Milgauss experts out there following this thread? My question is which version is closer to the gen. Would Robert's be considered the new "Maxi" size? The Rolex web site does not indicate that the Milgauss has increased in size. Is the new Milgauss rep ahead of its time same as the new ceramic bezel Sub?

:shitstir:

cousin_hub

Here is the model of Josh :

PH

GC
Robert at Prestige is currently offering a newer version. The fit and finish on the WBK model is excellent. Same for the Milgauss that I have recently received from Robert. The Milgauss from Robert has a slightly larger diameter case and it is thicker as well. The bracelet and clasp are equally larger and therefore heavier.

Are there any Milgauss experts out there following this thread? My question is which version is closer to the gen. Would Robert's be considered the new "Maxi" size? The Rolex web site does not indicate that the Milgauss has increased in size. Is the new Milgauss rep ahead of its time same as the new ceramic bezel Sub?

:facepalm:

Interesting, you have two, one from WBK/Stan & one from PWC/T4D/Robert, and you say they are different sizes? I would be interested to see a photo comparison if you could. Reason I ask is the Milgauss per Rolex.com says it's 40mm, i.e. same size as the Sub, as is the one I received from WBK.