Sign in to follow this  
MaxVCad

White Day-Date: Best trusted dealer for the job?

MaxVCad

Hey All,

In the market for a rep Rolex Day-Date and am wondering which trusted dealer would be best for the job. I have read that BK is excellent with the more complex watches and am wondering if I should go with him on this as well. I'm also looking into getting it from MReplica. Not sure if the Day-Date is a model that sometimes needs to be tweaked by a pro after leaving the factory (eg. is BK's expertise necessary).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am a little OCD about the detail so I want to make sure to get it from the right guy.

Thanks in advance!

Xebryus

Do you like the watch that you see from MR?

greg_r

The high-end day/dates (i.e. Asian clone or Swiss movement) all come from the same source, so any dealer will be able to get 'em. It's a good rep. The only way to get something better is to build a franken (i.e. use gen parts).

Turbo350z

Noob factory has a good one. I just orderd a daydate2 and a datejust2 from Ryan and I will let you know how they are!!

MaxVCad

Just ordered the Day-Date from MReplica. I hope it turns out good. $210 is expensive for a rep but from what people say, these are not clunkers that will break down in a few years time. WU always scares me too. I think I've used it about 3 times and all 3 times I got nothing in return for my payment. We'll see how it goes! Will report back with some pics when the beaut arrives.

taukappaepsilon

Just ordered the Day-Date from MReplica. I hope it turns out good. $210 is expensive for a rep but from what people say, these are not clunkers that will break down in a few years time. WU always scares me too. I think I've used it about 3 times and all 3 times I got nothing in return for my payment. We'll see how it goes! Will report back with some pics when the beaut arrives.

Can you post a picture and/or link to what you are buying from MR? I want to buy one from them also but I dont know what they are offering.

ics1821

That particular dd is nice but i beleive the gen is available as an ivory dial not white dial..

Rolexwatchman

Okey :) yeah that white doesn't exist thought... Too bright

ics1821

It does exist just not for that model. I beleive the ivory is only offered in yellow gold for the dd2

MaxVCad

Wanted to follow-up on this thread. I received the watch this past Monday. Now that I look back on the date I made this post, seems to be about a month and a half ago. The watch looks great, excellent quality. My friends who are watch fanatics can't tell the difference. I guess they can't all get through customs the first time!

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

Edited by MaxVCad

James.

That looks really really good with the off white dial. 41mm?

MaxVCad

Yup! Fits well, even on my small wrists.