Sign in to follow this  
barkingtoad

snapped screws

barkingtoad

Need help the last screw in my sub strap has snapped (only the threaded part & i cant see a way to get it out ) what should i do ?

only had the sub about a month & only worn it 4 times. bad times

trailboss99

Oh dear, you need to replace those two (or one if they have separated) links mate.

Col.

barkingtoad

thanks trailboss i do have a spare screw but the snapped one has left its thread in the bracelet & i cant get it out

KBH

Is the snapped screw in one of the removable links or in the last link of the bracelet in a non removable link?

barkingtoad
Is the snapped screw in one of the removable links or in the last link of the bracelet in a non removable link?

its the last one ( the link with the crown on )

KBH

The link that attaches to the clasp? In that case I see only two alternatives. Buy a used bracelet from somebody for about $30 or I think what I'd do is either force out the broken piece with a hammer and a punch or drill it out and then epoxy in a new screw.

I've had several rep bracelets with stripped screws and epoxy solves the problem very nicely.

KBH

Of course I forgot the obvious. Contact your dealer and ask for a new bracelet. They should replace it for sure.

barkingtoad

KBH thanks want it sorted because it passed pressure test to 30atm :kinkythegayviking: