Sign in to follow this  
boneyjr

My first IWC: Big Pilot 5004

Breno

Why is a non working PR an issue?

It's not like people will stare at it long enough to notice that the PR hasn't moved?

KeNnY

Depend on the movement. If it's genuine Seagull - there is the button, and it's designed with power reserve module. If it's modified DG-2813 - I'd stay away from such a watch, doesn't matter, how good it looks.

Here's mine with Seagull:

PR subdial is in correct place, by the way.

01-6.jpg

06-6.jpg

07-6.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

I always loved the rotor on these, but the sunken datewheel would need overlay like on the OP IWC as that looks better,

sad this IWC is not on bracelet, would look killer :)

Why is a non working PR an issue?

It's not like people will stare at it long enough to notice that the PR hasn't moved?

for 1 or more days :lol:

DarkGlass
Yes, they are 2% more accurate, but dead subdial is no-no for me. But again - it's my personal opinion.

Come on Luth, that sunken DW that's currently on the real PR models is shit and looks awful

Less awful, than fake PR.

Come on big guy admit it; for once you are not correct x

Luthier

As I said - it depend on individual taste. Mine works for 4 years with no problem, due to one of the best movement. Let's see, how long DG-2813 will stay alive.

I wouldn't exchange mine on 5 fake PRs, period.

DarkGlass
As I said - it depend on individual taste. Mine works for 4 years with no problem, due to one of the best movement. Let's see, how long DG-2813 will stay alive.

You have me on knowledge Luth, I have you on looks c'mon fess up of the current models the faux pr just looks better.

Ajayabb

New model with faux PR looks much better than sunken date wheel and model with functional PR but date wart on the side of the bezel

Lev

A faux power reserve would be a dealbreaker as well. Just like I am not a fan of faux chrono dials. Even if I don't use the stop watch function on my watches very often, I still want to know it would work. That's just me though. Still a very nice watch though. IWC is always classy!

Disfin

Damn everyone is so critical. It's a great looking watch enjoy it. I love mine and it has a working PR, unknown movement and a DW with unknown sunkeness. Did I mention it keeps great time?

Rav747

Love the Bp. Sadly, the crown kept rubbing against my skin :(

pook

I have a faux pr 5004 on order. Thanks for all the pics, they're helping with the wait.

NCRich

Everyone is so picky. I have the PR model. Great watch. Strap matters more than the PR.

T222

You have me on knowledge Luth, I have you on looks c'mon fess up of the current models the faux pr just looks better.

+1

wat44

I'm with Luth - working pr is better IMO

YoungGPS

I agree with Luth 100%!

Craig88

Is there really still debate between the 2 options? The working PR has a sunken datewheel that would make me never put it on as well as the pr dial being far too centred.

Those pics of the faux and working are night and day in terms of accuracy.

DarkGlass

+ a gazillion

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Moepsel86

Great looking watch! I just ordered the 5004-02 grey dial, faux PR from perfect clones.

I did some research and the ones with the faux PR are closest to the Gen at the moment!

Where it in good heath!

sunnydale

The only way to go is the non working PR model. The one with PR working is just a piece of s**t - my opinion is that it is a fantasy model with false spacing of the PR hand. Sorry Luthier.

higginsd

Doesn't the faux power reserve have movement without the button for the date progress on the side what is more accurate ?

Yes the working PR models have a pusher at the case side to quick change the date. A NoGo, a very obvious flaw! Everbody can see it and even if he doesn't know the model exact - everybody with a little bit of experience in fine watches KNOWS that IWC won't apply a pusher to the watch to change something inside. They build in a complication and switch it with the crown.

Combined with the recessed date and the misaligned PR subdial (I see this in half a second) and with the fact in mind that the real working PR moves to "full" after a few minutes of wearing the watch - I really prefer the BP with the faux PR.

cj84660

Great watch, I love mine and after looking for so long the non PR version is the inky way to go.

Prancuzas

About the grey dial - yes it does have good color, but please note that in newer releases grey dial has shades of brown - which is incorrect for a gen model.

Corv99

Good luck bro!

I looked for a while, before going black and Franken!!

From what I was told from dealers, the dark grey is an old version out of production, the browny one is newer version..

It's hoping a dealer , maker has one kicking around, which is doubtful , or M2Ms