Sign in to follow this  
marcodm86

daytona from precious times swiss

trailboss99

Well yes but be aware you are buying a watch with the dreaded 7750 Sec@6 MVT in it.

These things can go for a year or blow in a week. They should be serviced and graphite treated as soon as they are bought.

Col.

KBH

Like Col. says, they are excellent reps. I've always wanted one, but due to the inherent problems with the modifications to the movement I wouldn't want to risk buying one.

They also make a seconds at 9 Daytona, which is what the 7750 movement is normally set up for. This is a lot more reliable and was also used by Rolex in the earlier Daytona models.

Do some research on the "seconds at 6 Daytona" before you buy.

Silverspeed

Very solid advice. The daytona is a great rep...but know what you're buying!!

even with a serviced and graphited movement it's still no guarantee that it will last for years.

My Daytona has been serviced, graphite treatment and subdial hands replaced by ETA hands

and i wouldn't be surprised if it stops working sooner or later

marcodm86

so if i want to buy a daytona...who should i buy it from? (i live in italy)

Brian1024
so if i want to buy a daytona...who should i buy it from? (i live in italy)

Rolex....

JustinCase

That Daytona may not be the best Rolex Rep to buy. It looks pretty close to the real thing but it has serious mvt problem.

The genuine Rolex uses raw ebauche from Zenith--the venerable Zenith El Primero with colum wheel--with significant Rolex part substituted. Note for example that the day-date of the original El Primaro is gone from the Daytona and inside, the beat is upped to 28,800.

Any way, the Zenith El Primaro has very different arrangement for the sub-dials from the Asian/Valjoux 7750 so, to match the dials, a poorly designed/executed change was made to the 7750 resulting in serious reliability problem. A similar thing was done to the AP Royal Oak Chrono, I hope with less disastrous outcome.

I would buy the Daytona that works, wrong position sub-dial and all! Who are we trying to fool anyway? A casual observer from a distance or close up would never be able to tell that it's a fake. A pro can always tell regardless of where the sub dial is. From outside, the Rep is about 75% there, very good for a Rep, but not quite the real thing. Open the case, and the truth is revealed.

Cheers,

Justin Time

trailboss99

Or, buy a vintage 'tona like these: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...ic=3697&hl= which are a far better rep and have no problems with MVT worries as the seconds on the older daytonas are at 9 where they should be for the 7750 MVT.

Col.