Sign in to follow this  
flyr

Vintage 300 from Toro update

flyr

The black date disk came in from cousinsuk. Thought I'd have a go at installing it(bad idea as it turned out). Got the movement uncased,hands dial and date disc removed just to find out the rep disk has an overlay that moves the numbers slightly inboard(Crap) :noway: Anyhow since I had it apart I evened out my earlier vintage attempt and painted the second hand white. Think it looks better,lots more to learn! Comments?

DSC00032.jpg BEFORE

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00043.jpg BEFORE

DSC00105.jpg

James.

I prefer the look of the markers in the "before" pics. Still, good job :thumbsup:

oh and FYI from memory the white DW is accurate to gen. A lot of the NOS builds use the black DWO. But here are quite a few different versions floating around.

Keep up the good work

Xebryus

It'd be easier to tell if you pulled out the crown to stop the movement before you took the pictures...or you have a fuzzy seconds hand :).

Looks good from what I can see

flyr

I prefer the look of the markers in the "before" pics. Still, good job :thumbsup:

oh and FYI from memory the white DW is accurate to gen. A lot of the NOS builds use the black DWO. But here are quite a few different versions floating around.

Keep up the good work

Thanks, I knew that but I wanted the black DW look. I can't seem to win with the vintage attempts. I'll keep trying.

James.

Yup. I've found it exceedingly hard to get satisfied with builds. Always more stuff to do to make you happy with the final product.