Sign in to follow this  
dmcwembley

dmcwembley

David from Australia - recently joined. As a beginner have found "Welcoming the Noobs" very useful.

Have spent several hours surfing the recommended dealers. Disappointed in SILIX in that I have I have sent

3 requests for information over the past week with no response. Even allowing for Chinese NY it seems poor service. Anyone else

had similiar problems? Have contacted others namely Timesshop and Trusty Time and have had prompt responses especially

from Andrew of TT. Have made purchases with both of those dealers and looking forward to receiving the watches.

Really glad I stumbled across this site - very informative.

SSTEEL

Welcome aboard my friend, and greetings from Finland :)

Your in safe hands with Andrew :

Luthier

Sure, you'll get fast response from Andrew - he is a dropshipper. All he do is - sitting on computer, and answer emails.

Welcome to the forum, David!

And read way more.

Electron17

Hello David and welcome to RWG, hope you get the watches you are looking for.

Hendricks

Welcome to the wild & wacky rep world. Silix delivers equal share of disappoitments along with watches. Have had 3 watches enroute since Feb.4, original order Dec. 12. Do not trust the watch descriptions on their site. Good luck and happy hunting!

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

To give some balance I'll tell you that in the couple of deals I've done with Silix, they've been quick communicators, and products were as described.

You say that you've taken into account CNY.........have you taken into account the probable hundreds of emails awaiting their return from holiday?

dmcwembley

Well I have still not heard from them, CNY well and truly over now so will make another attempt today and see what happens.

Thanks for the info guys.

dmcwembley

Finally heard from Silix - not what I wanted, the watch being out of stock, but a response nonetheless.

Also heard back from Andrew, the watch I ordered not available choose another, this after I specifically asked if it was in stock before placing the order.

Things can only get better - I hope.

Carl_Spackler

I had a simlar experience with the dealers you mentioned. Silix took a few days to respond, and a few more to send QC pics. Took two weeks to send out the package from the time I paid for the order, but the watch is good quality and I wear it all the time. I have also dealt with PureTime and TrustyTime, both of which respond within a few hours in most cases. But BOTH of them pulled the same thing with a PAM that I ordered. They both said it was in stock before I ordered, and then asked me to choose something else after I ordered. I guess the factory that they both order from ran out. Not a huge deal because there's always other watches that I want, just kind of annoying...