Sign in to follow this  
marcodm86

patek philippe nautilus

marcodm86

by narikaa

what do you think about this? is it close to the gen ?

PATEK10202.jpg

PATEK10202a.jpg

PATEK10202b.jpg

greg_r

numerals/dial markers are maybe just a little thicker than the gen, but that's nitpicking - I'm no expert on the Nautilus, but it looks good to me.

In all honesty, you won't go far wrong with Narikaa's watches :Praying:

marcodm86

i mean....do you think that people could understand that it's a replica?

Silverspeed

anyone with half a brain and some watch knowledge can tell the difference between a $100 rep

.......and a $40k gen....

marcodm86

but it's rated 10.000 euro

greg_r

Oh sure - if they're into watches and know the Nautilus. If they get a really close look at it - or get to handle it, even more likely as budget reps never feel quite right. The same goes for the majority of reps - the cheaper ones are easier to spot, but most have obvious tells for those who know what they're looking at.

On the wrist from a casual look by the average guy on the street? Hell, most of those won't even know what a Patek is and will care even less...

More often than not, however, the thing that tells others that you're wearing a rep is not the watch, it's the person wearing it. I'm in my fifties, I drive an expensive car and hold down an executive job. I look like I can afford a real Panerai, Breitling or Rolex, so nobody gives my watches a second look - not even the colleague of mine who used to be financial director for a major chain of jewellers.

On the other hand, the guy that waits tables and wears a $20k Panerai 127 is going to get called out on a regular basis, even if the watch is real...

Buy reps for your own pleasure - not to impress others. If somebody asks about the watch I'm wearing, I will tell 'em that it's a rep (the only other answer that I will give is 'mind yer own business'! :Praying:) ;)

Pix

Looks pretty, but the dial is fantasy. I love hte Nautilus, especially with the blue dial, and the best version has a closed caseback : better to hide colourful asian movements in such watches.

marcodm86

greg i'm a surgeon...i think i can afford it! anyways...so can you please give a look at the milgauss topic that i posted and tell me if it's better for a 26 years old neo-doctor?

greg_r

LOL - then you shouldn't have a problem. I love that Milgauss btw - I'm not even sure it's available in PVD as gen (is there a pro-hunter milgauss?), but personally I wouldn't care - it looks great :Praying: