sconehead

ETA 2836-2 REASSEMBLY...

sconehead

Has anyone out there got a copy of a section from TimeZone lessons 2 that has a pictorial of a 2386-2 being lubed and reassembled? I want to use it as a reference for servicing a secondhand movement I picked up.

I like to fiddle about you see... :drunksing:

sconehead

Cheers Onze...

onzenuub
Cheers Onze...

Well, did it help you?

gottahaverolex

I wish I had the guts to try to service a 7750, my Bentley 6.75 w/ black dial keeps stopping after 20 minutes or so. I know all it needs is a servicing but I can't bring myself to pay $100+ for it. Any one wanna take a stab at it? I'll pay postage both ways!

sconehead

It costs nearly a £100 for all the tools, oils etc...I'm starting to think it would have been better sending it to get serviced. After all my messing about I might end up with a bunch of f**ked up parts, but like I said I like to fiddle about with things...@Onze, the link helped a lot, still trying to get some pictorials though. I think I might take some photo's and if I'm successful I'll post them...here's hoping...Twitchy pass the hammer... :lol:

gottahaverolex
It costs nearly a £100 for all the tools, oils etc...I'm starting to think it would have been better sending it to get serviced. After all my messing about I might end up with a bunch of f**ked up parts, but like I said I like to fiddle about with things...@Onze, the link helped a lot, still trying to get some pictorials though. I think I might take some photo's and if I'm successful I'll post them...here's hoping...Twitchy pass the hammer... :lol:

I have a 2836-2 from the really bad GMT 50th without the ceramic bezel and green date. Maybe I'll sacrafice it and try servicing it. I have all the tools I would need but need to buy the oils. Let us know how it comes out sconehead.

Edited by gottahaverolex

trailboss99

@ sconehead: TZ lessons HERE

Col.

onzenuub

Just brought the Montbrillant to a friendly watchsmith. He told me he took the 7750 completely apart to clean and oil it. Will let you guys know how much it was. Don't think it will be 100 euros.