Sign in to follow this  
NFleischer

WTF- is RWG 1 so prudish

NFleischer

i had posted something over there about being initially 'pissed off' about having to service

so many of my reps. the mods censored the word pissed! i didn't think that was even a bleeping curse.

obviously that would never occur here.

onzenuub

Oh yeah it will happen here as well, words like pissed, fuck, ass etc are forbidden.

iabounty

Thats why I quit visiting the "other" forums........ Candy ass fucking rules and IMHO the mods are powermad.......... No fun for me with my big mouth what-so-ever........FUCK EM......... I feel much better now, I am at peace with myself........ :drunksing: You are always welcome here NF no matter what your choice of words. ;)

NFleischer

thanx- believe me i don't have to be potty mouth just for no reason.

but jeeze, for fucks sake a group of mostly men and you can't say the word piss!

maybe pee-pee??!!

iabounty

but jeeze, for fucks sake a group of mostly men and you can't say the word piss!

maybe pee-pee??!!

:drunksing:

onzenuub

maybe pee-pee??!!

pee wee pee pee

KBH

I think the software does it automatically. But yes, they are prudish over there. No nekkid wimmen allowed.

onzenuub
I think the software does it automatically. But yes, they are prudish over there. No nekkid wimmen allowed.

Only in the girls girls girls thread

iabounty

Can you have a sig. over there of some guy throwing shoes at the president of the United States?

AllergyDoc

I've had whole posts removed on RG. Poof! gone. I'll revisit the thread to see if anyone responded to my witty banter only to learn that my whole post was zapped. And I didn't even say "pissed."

KBH

Can you have a sig. over there of some guy throwing shoes at the president of the United States?

I got (stole) that one from Anubis. So, I guess that's OK on RG.

onzenuub

Looks like Al Bundy and a angry customer.

iabounty

Very observent onze......... I'm proud of you........ Your exactly right. :lol:

onzenuub

And the one next to him must be old Groucho, or was it Magnum PI

iabounty

And the one next to him must be old Groucho, or was it Magnum PI

Should have stopped while you were ahead onze. Now you just look like that "crazy Dutchman" again........... :rofl:

NFleischer

doc-you mean to say RG is ruled by nazis that censor or they just lost your post

iabounty
I've had whole posts removed on RG. Poof! gone. I'll revisit the thread to see if anyone responded to my witty banter only to learn that my whole post was zapped. And I didn't even say "pissed."

doc-you mean to say RG is ruled by nazis that censor or they just lost your post

You can't be "witty". You can't have a sense of humour. You must follow the agenda of the board or you will be severly castagated. Do not "spam the board". Do not "make fun of other members" Stay "on topic"....... Fuck........ Why even try and post anything........... Makes my blood pressure skyrocket........ :lol:

trailboss99

I think you meen RWG2 there buddy. RWG1 is adrift in the aether someweres.

Col.

AllergyDoc

Nazis might be a tad strong. My post contained no offensive language, wasn't rude, and didn't make fun on anyone. If anything it was only mildly suggestive. There was no need to nuke the post. It didn't add anything to the thread, but neither does "nice watch" X 10,000.

They run a tight ship but they do allow some flaming. It's the last sales venue for TTK so even he toes the line a little. When ssurfer posted his thread about losing $750+ to TTK, TTK backed down a little. He was dangerously close to getting the final boot.

offshore
i had posted something over there about being initially 'pissed off' about having to service

so many of my reps. the mods censored the word pissed! i didn't think that was even a bleeping curse.

obviously that would never occur here.

@NFleischer,

I take it you are referring to rwg.cc!

Part of the forum software installed includes an auto censor.

To eradicate the more profane utterances, it was decided to install it.

There is an option to alter/ammend those words which are censored automatically, and the admin team have been systematically working at this.

Unfortunately these auto things don't work exactly as intended all the time. We will continue towards having it working as required, but please don't think you were censored by moderators.

Actually the reason we chose to install it, was due to the high levels of profanity we witnessed during the wild west days of RWG1 (The predecessor to this forum.)

We have no issues with members venting, but we don't think profanity is needed on a forum discussing watches.

(And there are uncensored areas, for those who feel the need!)

Hope that fucking explains how these things work :lol:

Offshore

greg_r

You had me worried there for a minute as this place would probably qualify as the last dregs of RWG1 - as our esteemed comrade Offshore says, I assume you mean rwg.cc :rofl:

And no, we don't fucking allow swearing here either. Fuck no!

:rofl:

Seriously - the badword filter is a standard feature of iPB. I guess RWGjr had enough problems to make enabling for the majority of the board worthwhile (a certain bunch of misfits lurking in the bin recently might have been enough.... :lol:). Given that it's more of a 'family show' over there than it is here (as well as a much larger board - a very well run one, too), I can understand why they would feel that they need it.

onzenuub
You had me worried there for a minute as this place would probably qualify as the last dregs of RWG1 - as our esteemed comrade Offshore says, I assume you mean rwg.cc :D

And no, we don't fucking allow swearing here either. Fuck no!

:rofl:

Seriously - the badword filter is a standard feature of iPB. I guess RWGjr had enough problems to make enabling for the majority of the board worthwhile (a certain bunch of misfits lurking in the bin recently might have been enough.... :lol:). Given that it's more of a 'family show' over there than it is here (as well as a much larger board - a very well run one, too), I can understand why they would feel that they need it.

Since when are you talking such wise words Greg, no beer yet?

greg_r
Since when are you talking such wise words Greg, no beer yet?

:lol: You know me too well.

Yes, that's what happens when I post sober. I'll try not to let it happen again...

:D

NFleischer

ok- thanx offshore. how many words are on the bad list??

oscarmadfish

there needs to be a line here as well i do not want to be part of a board that uses offensive words like wee wee