Sign in to follow this  
dingle

I finally received my.........

dingle

.........my letter. Yep, no pam 243. Just a letter from customs. Total time after the watch was accepted in Miami on 2/17 was 40 days. The letter states the watch was seized 2/26. I assume all the letters are the same format and about 4 pages long. Question is now, what do I need to do? There are several options to choose from and I am thinking of doing the "nothing" route.

Any advice?

:)

Silverspeed

Those Miami custom agents are fast...aren't they :)

Just deny you have any knowledge about a package from overseas

Is one of the options to have it returned to sender?

onzenuub

Just go to the toilet, have a nice dump and use the paper to clean your ass.

dingle
Those Miami custom agents are fast...aren't they :beer2:

Just deny you have any knowledge about a package from overseas

Is one of the options to have it returned to sender?

I wish. 3 options are listed

1. Choose to take no action

2. Request the Director, Fines, Penalties, and Forfeitures to publish sooner than schedule

3. Seek administrative relief

@ onze----that's not a bad idea actually. :)

Member X

What are number 2 and 3 in english??

barkingtoad

i think #3 is what onze said

dingle

:)...that's what I was thinking too. Here is the actual letter:

customspg1.jpg

customspg2.jpg

:beer2:

gran
:)

AustinTech

Don't do anything with Miami Customs. Just wipe your ass with the papers, like Onze said.

Damn it, that sucks. Sorry DB.

ebzen02

Definitely this belongs in the THE FUCK YOU THREAD.. FUCK them! I hate Miami...can't fucking believe I live here..

greg_r

Yup. Toilet paper. Don't acknowledge... As far as they're concerned it was sent in error... :wub:

sconehead

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...administrative relief...:wub:

Sorry to hear this Ding, you truely are the unluckiest rep collector here...is a replacement on it's way using your less than obvious cunning plan?

At this very moment I have two packages that have been floating around the UK postal network for some time which I fear I may never see, I'm going to phone about them today... :bugger off:

dingle
Yup. Toilet paper. Don't acknowledge... As far as they're concerned it was sent in error... :wub:

very well then. i will proceed with wiping it with my ass. Now on to the sales sections.....:bugger off:

for sale:

1 genuine vintage customs letter with dingleberry's attached

price: $3158 plus shipping

:);)

greg_r
Yup. Toilet paper. Don't acknowledge... As far as they're concerned it was sent in error... :bugger off:

very well then. i will proceed with wiping it with my ass. Now on to the sales sections.....:)

for sale:

;):sarky_clap:

Sell it on repgeek - they'll buy anything there, you know, used socks and everything.... :wub:

dingle
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...administrative relief...:wub:

Sorry to hear this Ding, you truely are the unluckiest rep collector here...is a replacement on it's way using your less than obvious cunning plan?

At this very moment I have two packages that have been floating around the UK postal network for some time which I fear I may never see, I'm going to phone about them today... :bugger off:

Sorry to hear that sconey.

No replacement yet. It will have to wait. I had another promise I needed to fullfill....:).......and it will be a lot more fun. ;)

sconehead
Yup. Toilet paper. Don't acknowledge... As far as they're concerned it was sent in error... :bugger off:

very well then. i will proceed with wiping it with my ass. Now on to the sales sections.....:)

for sale:

;):sarky_clap:

Sell it on repgeek - they'll buy anything there, you know, used socks and everything.... :wub:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm sock selling, maybe that's why Joe started his own forum?

KBH

I guess it's officially gone now. Living this close to Miami, I think I'll stick with the deals and dealers that have Customs seizure protection.

Maybe we should start up a collection to buy you another one. I've got lot's of Geekbucks to kick in the pot. :wub:

Relayman

My condolences Dingleberry. Look on the bright side. Some where in Miami there is an under paid over worked US Customs Agent proudly wearing a very nice Pam and they even sent you a long thank you letter. It is really comforting to know that the security of our great nation is being watched over so vigilantly by the US Customs Service.

:sarky_clap::rofl:

Yeah right, fuck that!!!!!

:wub: :bugger off: :)

As a side note, I have not had a Rep confiscated but I have had the Customs Gestapo hold a delivery up and then send along a duty value to be collected by the USPS upon delivery. These were EMS delivered packages from China. If I didn't want to pay the Post Office was going to send the package back to Customs. The requested duty value was always just about exactly what I was paying for the watch. Interesting.

;)

madcatlancelot

Wow, Miami Customs sure know how to write a very nice 'thank you' note... sorry to hear db.

If ever you plan to order another 243, you can send it to me first and I'll mail it to ya. :wub:

Luthier
Wow, Miami Customs sure know how to write a very nice 'thank you' note... sorry to hear db.

If ever you plan to order another 243, you can send it to me first and I'll mail it to ya. :wub:

Fuck teaparties, let's start replicaparties!

A million men march to Washington with posters of our seized watches and signs "Fuck the Customs!!!"

Sara Palin must be invited, ofcourse.

dingle

thanks for offer MC :bugger off:

bob bean

FUCK!

Sorry db, may all their underwear be infected with the fleas of a thousand camels.

I'm in with KBH's idea.

howasong

Sorry to hear this, man, I am keeping my fingers crossed even I am no where close to Miami.

cybee

Sorry to hear the news...maybe you could file a petition for relief under the name of Pugwash :)

sconehead
Sorry to hear the news...maybe you could file a petition for relief under the name of Pugwash :)

I was thinking more along the lines of,

'Dear Customs officers,

Please send me my replica watch or I will personally come down to your office and kick the shit out of all of you.

Also, there's no way I'm going to pay any duties incurred and will take great pleasure in making one of you eat the letter you sent me, with which I'll wipe my ass on beforehand...

Kind regards, my name's Dave123 and I don't give a fuck...'