Sign in to follow this  
dougal22

waterproof?

dougal22

As a newbie I am studying everything on the forum. Most offers do not seem to indicate how waterproof watches are. I assume that there are rep watches that are waterproof to different degrees, or am I being naïve.I have original day date and seamaster but would like reps for wearing abroad. Can some experienced "old hand" advise me. Thanks , Dougal

onzenuub

Reps as delivered by the dealers are not waterproof.

Luthier

Yes, you are VERY naive.

Search button in the right upper corner.

And the first post should be your introduction.

greg_r

A lot of reps will be waterproof out of the box (although you shouldn't rely on this) and others can be made so, but the rule is GET IT TESTED FIRST! Most shopping malls have a guy who does watchband changes etc - a lot of these can also do waterproof testing.

dalboy

NEVER trust any watches' waterproof abilite's Gen or Rep..always have tested first..

Dal.

Mystery Shopper

Agreed- have the watch pressure tested. Usually 3 or 5 ATM is plenty for snorkelling and swimming.

taukappaepsilon

A lot of reps will be waterproof out of the box (although you shouldn't rely on this) and others can be made so, but the rule is GET IT TESTED FIRST! Most shopping malls have a guy who does watchband changes etc - a lot of these can also do waterproof testing.

This is right. The factories tell a lot of the TD that the watch is waterproof out of the box, however, quality control in China isnt that great so you need to get it checked first. Great example is my AP Diver. That was no waterproof out of the box because one of the rubber gaskets in the crown was put on wrong. I got the gasket replaced and now its fine. Always get it tested first to make sure!

black263

I find all my reps intermittently waterproof. They only leak if you get them wet.

Rolexwatchman

Read more about WR here

www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=47423&hl=&fromsearch=1

Dazz140

If your in the UK, Timpsons will test in a non-destructive chamber for free