Sign in to follow this  
Libertatia

rolex yacht master cyclops help

Libertatia

hello people.

I have a rep yachty, which was bought from HK about 10 years ago and have recently re-discovered it... This has now got me obsessed with reps. And to my amazement, it still works, so must have been a pretty good copy? Forgot how much it cost as my dad bought it for me there in a market, and I was just a kid. heres a vid i made of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D55-5f2Mx6s

I just removed the cyclops, because as you can see in the vid it is crap. I have asked my local watch dealers for spare cyclops, but they seem to have a supply of crap ones. So i am planning on buying a rolex crystal, remove the cyclops from there and fit it to this one.... Another problem is, i dont want to spend a lot. I found this plastic crystal here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250757732083?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

yes, it is not for a yacht, but i asked the seller a question. he said all the tudor and rolex crystals are 2.5x. but this crystal is the bulgy kind, like the one used on the submariner 1680.

my question, will this cyclops be ok for my watch?

Thanks !!!

TheSav

I can't help you as I know SFA. Looks good for a 10 year old rep though.

Melikey

Jules Borel has the sapphire cyclops that will give you the 2.5X magnification. They are about $7. You would also need to buy the UV cure glue.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair 2000

andygt

You want the 25-295C for a YM but that's assuming the crystal in your rep is the same size as the gen.

The seller you linked to sells them.

andygt

You probably want the sapphire crystals not mineral - cousins sell the correct crystal you need, code R30500

Or the mineral version is C8512

Libertatia

26 pounds for the crystal and cyclops im looking for is probably worth more than the old rep is worth lol.... I think I will order the saphire cyclops from the US.... I think it makes more sense to spend say 20 pounds on 3 sapphire cyclops, as I'd then have spares for other rollies :).....

btw is jules borels cyclops confirmed 2.5x? doesn't say in description.

thank you :lol:

Edited by libertatia

Melikey

The magnification is determined by what the Cyclops is made from. Sapphire will give 2.5 while mineral will only give 1.5. I used used the JB Cyclops on an invicta.

andygt

The magnification depends on the distance between the crystal and the date window so depending on which height of gasket you use it will vary.

Libertatia

im so sorry about my noobness..... but andygt, you suggested to me get the ''25-295C'' (code C8512) for a YM, which is 2.3mm from crystal to date window.... what happens if i got the much cheaper acrylic rolex crystal, code number C8500 on cousinsuk.com, which is also 2.3mm from crystal to date window?

Melikey
The magnification depends on the distance between the crystal and the date window so depending on which height of gasket you use it will vary.

I changed the cyclops on an Invicta. The magnification changed but the distance from the date window did not.

Libertatia

I changed the cyclops on an Invicta. The magnification changed but the distance from the date window did not.

so what are the dimension of your invicta? the rep yacht i have is based on a 16628, and if your invicta is based on a sub sub 16610 (which has very similiar dimensions to the 16628 http://clockmaker.com.au/rolex_case_size.html), then it should be effective on my one........ also have you got pictures of your invicta out of interest?

Melikey

Here you go:

2012-01-31_19-40-36_434_zps9eb8aa0c.jpg

Libertatia

Here you go:

2012-01-31_19-40-36_434_zps9eb8aa0c.jpg

very nice.... is that the Prodiver 8926? IMO that is based on the sub, so technically should be ok for the rep yacht (i hope).... have you got a more direct picture, looking directly at the date not angled? sorry for being a pain in the ass. and did you get the 7.5 x 5.5 yeah? thank you

Luthier

I suggest you to throw this "watch" in trash can and buy new YM, it will be cheaper, and better result.

Libertatia

I suggest you to throw this "watch" in trash can and buy new YM, it will be cheaper, and better result.

a date lens is $7 so i think your input is nul

Edited by libertatia

andygt

The magnification on that invicta is smaller because the cyclops is smaller therefore the highest point of the convex is closer to the dial

Nothing to do with mineral or sapphire.

Luthier

Even with $70 cyclop - it's still junk.

DR3M3L

I have a rolex sapphire glass with cyclops. 20$ including shipment ;) will post a trade topic this evening with tagged pic.

I have a rolex sapphire glass with cyclops. 20$ including shipment ;) will post a sale topic this evening with tagged pic.

Libertatia

Even with $70 cyclop - it's still junk.

you are quite clearly bored

Libertatia

The magnification on that invicta is smaller because the cyclops is smaller therefore the highest point of the convex is closer to the dial

you suggested to me get the ''25-295C'' (code C8512) for a YM, which is 2.3mm from crystal to date window.... what happens if i got the much cheaper acrylic rolex crystal, code number C8500 on cousinsuk.com, which is also 2.3mm from crystal to date window? yes its not mineral or what not, but its designed for a rolex, and the lens is the right size, so it should be ok? whats your opinion.....

Melikey

Actually it was the same exact dimensions. No i don't have any other pics as I sold the watch a year ago.

watchfan82

does the sandy face color make reps like that junk mine has that face

Janizary

does the sandy face color make reps like that junk mine has that face

Yes.

watchfan82

photo4_zps71f55892.jpg

photo5_zps7d9ef799.jpg