Sign in to follow this  
massiv99

tag badge fell off

massiv99

I have a Tag chronograph Aquaracer day date, this a great watch but recently I dropped it and the Tag badge that sits under the day date window fell off and is rattling around inside. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get this repaired. Or is it something I can do myself. Thanks

prestigewatchco

Yes drop the movement out and stick the badge back on don't use super glue though use something like clear nail polish or UHU

trailboss99

If you can follow a tutorial well enough to remove the back and stem so the MVT can be revomed from the case complete with dial attached you can just glue it back on. You will need a caseback tool or a ball of gaffer tape and a spring bar tool (to remove the band for access and to depress the stem relese) plus some glue such as GS-Hypo cement. If you use gaff tape a SB tool should be about 8 bucks and the glue about 7. Belive me, you will be wanting a SB tool at some stage anyway.

Col.

EDIT: PWC makes a good point. Never, ever get super glue anywhere near a watch!

greg_r

As Col says, not that hard to fix yourself. But if you're not comfortable doing that, then if you can find a small local watch repairer (NOT an authorised dealer, please! :huh: ) that are willing to work on reps, they should be able to fix that for you easily. The best approach is to phone around the local watch repairers - tell them that you have a watch with this problem, that you're fairly sure that it's a fake, but it has sentimental value. It's usually the safest approach :zzz:

Welcome to the board btw :)