Sign in to follow this  
ineeda

Best/Super-Rep amongst all the IWC Series?

Jonnybaws

Sit corrected.. Toro is advertising the Blue Dial version... hence the white back ground date wheel...

But... the blue dial is a fantasy version? (IWC experts please help..) can't see it on the IWC site

http://www.iwc.com/en/collection/portugieser/IW5007/

Dr. Jimmy

I'm no expert, but believe the blue is fantasy. AFAIK, the only blue dial gen is the Laureus which has different sub dials and closed case back. Experts please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jonnybaws

I'm no expert, but believe the blue is fantasy. AFAIK, the only blue dial gen is the Laureus which has different sub dial color and closed case back. Experts please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thought so myself Mate..

Doesn't matter, not after the blue dial, I want me that Black Dial version when released...

Tichymeloun

Sit corrected.. Toro is advertising the Blue Dial version... hence the white back ground date wheel...

But... the blue dial is a fantasy version? (IWC experts please help..) can't see it on the IWC site

http://www.iwc.com/e...ugieser/IW5007/

the blue dial version advertised by Toro is in fact a black dial one, at least I suppose...the only blue dial version is the Laureus with white subs...anyway, puretime has two different versions with white dial, blue hands and blue numerals, as well as the white dial with golden numerals and golden hands...different factory is about to release their 5001 based on the same calibre, in October, so it could be wiser to wait and see, which one of the new reps is the better one. In any case, i will go for the best with the blue hands, to utilise my gen dial:-)

Jonnybaws

the blue dial version advertised by Toro is in fact a black dial one, at least I suppose...the only blue dial version is the Laureus with white subs...anyway, puretime has two different versions with white dial, blue hands and blue numerals, as well as the white dial with golden numerals and golden hands...different factory is about to release their 5001 based on the same calibre, in October, so it could be wiser to wait and see, which one of the new reps is the better one. In any case, i will go for the best with the blue hands, to utilise my gen dial:-)

Thanks... will do!

Quite like the White Dial/Blue hands combo myself... But, this combo in Black does it for me!

Dr. Jimmy

I'd be up for a white/blue or black one. I'll wait to see how they turn out.

Agean

My IWC Big Pilot DFB

MY%20IWC%20Big%20Pilot%20DFB_zpswn3icap0.jpg

Tichymeloun

My IWC Big Pilot DFB

with the new movement they could re-rep this with the correct subs and date wheel spacing, not mentioning the date-wheel colour. it would be a beautiful watch

Tichymeloun

Thanks... will do!

Quite like the White Dial/Blue hands combo myself... But, this combo in Black does it for me!

chinese comparison of the current VS 5001 and gen

http://watchbus.net/...2&highlight=iwc

small taste of the ZF 5001 case...seems they are really trying to make a perfect rep, so it will be worth waiting..

http://watchbus.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2753&highlight=iwc

Edited by Tichymeloun

Jonnybaws

Thanks... will do!

chinese comparison of the current VS 5001 and gen

small taste of the ZF 5001 case...seems they are really trying to make a perfect rep, so it will be worth waiting..

Thanks for the links.. However, they're the same links?... Is the second link meant to be for the ZF version?

Jonnybaws

Looks very promising! Thanks..

Don't know why the Factories never attempted to make Super-Reps of the "easier" to rep models...

Next on the list I'd like to see a quality rep of the 5009...

trailboss99

339uctv.jpg

This, I v seen a real one at malaysia airport, i was inspecting the watch closely and cannot tell any differences between the real one and my rep. edges feel the same, sweeping hand, dials, general finish of the case etc, i m waiting for the gen strap arrive so I will have another super rep in my collecion.

Oh now that is bloody beautiful! :drool:

I have one of the first release MK-17s, the one that came out as Swiss ETA only and those who have seen it will tell you it's damn near perfect. Both the dial and case are works of art. Unfortunately there are not a lot of 'em about, they only ever made a couple of 1000 since the price was a rather steep $540 for a simple watch. Add close to 200 for a decent strap and it's a fairly big ask.

onzenuub

ZF IWC3878 , Best of the Best????

gXeW1p.jpg

ij3J4G.jpg

aj569

These new ZF IWC watching that are incoming sound and look very promising! It's about time!

skyndihlaup

Anyone know where I might be able to find a decent portugues rep ?

JSJ

Did you try using the search box and having a read? Might be something there.

Tichymeloun

Did you try using the search box and having a read? Might be something there.

+1

higginsd

The search box... hmmmm... the ... search... box.... hmmm???? :giggle:

Sakurai
ZF IWC3878 , Best of the Best????

gXeW1p.jpg

ij3J4G.jpg

Resistance is futile - this will be a must have!

kennycoder

From what I've read / heard, ZF is putting some serious effort into IWC models. They have bought 5 or 6 gens in the last half a year and the results are.. well take a look at the new IWC 5007. It's really well done, especially considering the limitations of the rep movements. I'm waiting for this Spitfire to be released so I can order both 5007 and the spitfire.

Ah btw, the rumors about fixed secs@6 are getting me quite intrigued because it opens the door for the new Portuguese and Daytonas. Oh boy oh boy.. i really hope this becomes a reality.

AOD

My IWC Big Pilot DFB

That's gorgeous!

higginsd

I still think the best available IWC rep is the 3777. Here is mine:

i.php

EDIT: I'm not allowed to use this image type? JPGs?!? Strange...

Edited by higginsd

Trüffi
I still think the best available IWC rep is the 3777. Here is mine:

20150913213029-1d8aafd8-xl.jpg

+1

ccdylan

Looks very promising! Thanks..

Don't know why the Factories never attempted to make Super-Reps of the "easier" to rep models...

Next on the list I'd like to see a quality rep of the 5009...

the explanation i've heard is that if one factory makes a super rep of a 'basic' (read: inexpensive) watch, the other factories can easily rep their rep, further diluting the already miniscule margins. it's a business decision.