Sign in to follow this  
lurifax

AP Diver SS anyone?

lurifax

I've been scouting the forums for a while now, truly madly deeply loving the people and the watches. I've been dreaming about getting an AP for years, so when I found this forum I knew quite well what I was looking for. Thinking about getting the 3,5 Diver from toro, but can't decide which strap I want. I've narrowed down the choice to the original rubber or the stainless steel (+40$). Haven't really seen any SS Divers around here, found a few on the web though, but if anyone do have it I would love too see some pictures and thoughts! Pros and cons about both of them are highly appreciated

/Tony

J.Eric

Here is mine. I ordered it with the rubber and SS bracelet.

CIMG2083.jpg

CIMG2194_zpsd7b96a53.jpg

The rubber is really smooth and soft. The bracelet is very heavy. Both are awesome but the only problem

I am having with the bracelet is the the clasp flap thing with the AP logo does not stay closed very well.

watch.aholic

Though I have not held a diver with bracelet, looking at the pics it seems it's quite chunky.....The rubber strap or having it on some custom made croc makes it more suitable in my opinion.

lurifax

I am having with the bracelet is the the clasp flap thing with the AP logo does not stay closed very well.

Oh, thats a huge con, you know if that's just for you or if anyone else have had the same problem? And wich one do you prefer to wear?

Though I have not held a diver with bracelet, looking at the pics it seems it's quite chunky.....The rubber strap or having it on some custom made croc makes it more suitable in my opinion.

I would have to agree, but I quite enjoy the more chunkier watches.

P4GTR

Both are a must have. Buy them both when you buy the watch or you will pay more to get one separately, down the road. Every watch I own that has a good rubber, leather & bracelet option, gets treated to all three. My bracelet functions just fine, J.Eric may need to adjust his clasp a bit.

IMG_5027x.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg

photo.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3423-1.jpg

lurifax

Both are a must have. Buy them both when you buy the watch or you will pay more to get one separately, down the road.

That sounds like a good idea, but will I outwear them once the diver has gone through some change of clothes?

solkryssare

To me it looks way better on rubber.

J.Eric

Oh, thats a huge con, you know if that's just for you or if anyone else have had the same problem? And wich one do you prefer to wear?

I really like it on the bracelet. But I also like the rubber (this is the only watch I have with a rubber strap so I can't compare to anything)

It just depends on the mood I am in I guess. I want to get a brown hornback for it some day. I have loved that look since I saw Del's v2.

6983114121_413a683991_b_zps3bd74672.jpg

6989521427_d15f49f1ec_b_zpsda8bd144.jpg

The clasp was a bummer and have not heard of anyone else having the same problem, but maybe i can bend it a little like Dan suggests.

And I hope it is ok to repost Del's pics.......

lurifax

I really like it on the bracelet. But I also like the rubber (this is the only watch I have with a rubber strap so I can't compare to anything)

It just depends on the mood I am in I guess. I want to get a brown hornback for it some day. I have loved that look since I saw Del's v2.

I think I'll have to get them both than like you guys have suggested.

And the hornback is simply amazing... wearing it would be the closest thing to having Clint Eastwood wrapped around your arm one can be.

ronin007

Got this strap from Donerix for my white diver3D3AF59A_zps7897f505.jpg

EFAE23FE_zpsf626fc0d.jpg

36CF2EBC_zps6bcae3df.jpg

ronin007

Going to put this on soon as have another incoming,Gen oem safari strap on diver DSC_3746_zps57b7d552.jpg

lurifax

All thoose straps are amazing, I think I'll have too buy one later when I'm tired of the same old look haha. Is it easy to change the strap/bracelet on the diver? Can't really find any tutorials around here

Rolexwatchman
All thoose straps are amazing, I think I'll have too buy one later when I'm tired of the same old look haha. Is it easy to change the strap/bracelet on the diver? Can't really find any tutorials around here

Its easy just screws

taukappaepsilon

I desperately want a SS bracelet for my diver. The SS really makes the diver stand out. It also makes it more versatile in the sense that you can wear a SS bracelet with a suit whereas a rubber band doesnt look as appropriate. The only reason I dont have the SS bracelet is because I believe it would be too big for me as I need to wear the diver with the GEN XS strap to make it fit.