Sign in to follow this  
jotun0881

Planet Ocean 4813 QC concerns

jotun0881

Hi all,

After quite a while, Mary was able to source a 4813 PO for me - first order from them and first rep as well for me.

I read some of the reviews of the other 4813 Mary's been selling and some things in the QC pics stand out to me as different ... or maybe am I just being totally paranoid ?

Questions are:

1 - In blue highlight it seems that marker fillings are sloppy but this could be a magnification issue and might happen all the time. I don't know.

Is this a genuine concern ?

2 - In orange highlight is something that looks like hair or dust or am I seeing things ?

This to me is visible in all QC pics. I've asked Mary for a 'clean' pic.

3 - The OMEGA logo looks too close to the letters. Does it look wrong to you as well ? In the below topics the logo looks better.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=30478

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=32096

8554479900_5b31a16de0_b.jpg

8554479808_82654207ae_b.jpg

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions !

Cheers

fellowsis

I have this exact watch and I can tell you now mate, the things you have highlighted, you will not even notice, especially for the money. On mine, the Ω is, as you say, too close to the omega, but you really can only tell these things if you look up very very closely.

Unless these things are a niggle, and you are a bit of an anal-retentive (no offence meant, a lot of us here are), then go for it, its a wonderful watch for the money you pay!

Alex

Mechwarrior

buy, regret, the i will buy from you at half price :giggle:

imho is very nice

jotun0881

Thanks Alex, that's in fact the exact reply I was looking for. I was really curious of a real 'wrist' experience so thanks for that.

If nothing 'sticks out' while on the wrist that's fine with me, how much can you ask from a 100 EUR rep ? :)

imho is very nice

:lol: :lol:

I get it, pics approved.

fellowsis

Thanks Alex, that's in fact the exact reply I was looking for. I was really curious of a real 'wrist' experience so thanks for that.

If nothing 'sticks out' while on the wrist that's fine with me, how much can you ask from a 100 EUR rep ? :)

imho is very nice

:lol: :lol:

I get it, pics approved.

No worries mate, this one is my "go to" watch whilst my Pam's in for repair. And before that was my daily beater. Trust me, you'll have a lot of compliments when it comes! Just make sure you read how to remove the links when it does arrive, they can be a bitch to remove!

Alex

jeffw69

No, yes, no.

jotun0881

No, yes, no.

Glad to have that sorted out. I'm waiting for a pic where Mary cleans the crystal with a cloth - if it's a hair it will surely disappear.

Thanks all for the quick and very relevant replies !

Edited by jotun0881

LightGeek

Everything is fine except for the logo too close which is just they way the recent batch is. Nothing you can do about thatZ

jotun0881

Yep. received a new pic, it was just dust. Clean cool pic from Rochest who also confirmed the crown works well and screws in nicely.

Tracking number received, will post reviews (dealer & watch) when I get the goods :D

Thank you for all the replies.

fraaaaank

If it really disturbs you, order some gen hands and dial and get it installed... For the price of the 4813, you're not going to find better quality. (quality is really good already if you ask me)

Mechwarrior

no no no is really terrible

you cannot live with this big errors

give me 25 euros and i will take care of this monster ^_^