Sign in to follow this  
TheTinMan

Toro's Super Avenger - Blue/Baton

TheTinMan

I've had my eye on this one for a little while. When I saw Jeff's review of his here http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=45567 it really put me over the top. I decided on the blue with baton combo for several reasons. I really liked the white/numeral combo, but I already own a Nixon and it would look too similar. I am not a fan of the different color subdials on the blue/numeral combo, so blue/baton it was.

I ordered the watch on March 1st and received it on the 13th. Once again, great service from Toro. I made the mistake of leaving it on my desk at work and three others wanted the same watch. Long story short, I dissuaded them from ordering the same watch, but I now have 5 more watches to order from Toro.

Now the pictures:

8557482368_e45d7a959e_c.jpg

8556373105_86c20c5274_c.jpg

8557483348_a5376b06bb_c.jpg

8556373965_1897e7c212_c.jpg

After sizing the bracelet, I took the plastic off the dial and the glass dissappeared. The AR coating on it is as close to perfect as I've seen. This is definitely the best rep I own, SuperRep for sure.

hallzy

I was thinking about getting the same one --- but with a strap instead of a bracelet. Nice watch!!

onzenuub

Looking good.

Xebryus

Very nice. Batons FTW

TheTinMan

I was thinking about getting the same one --- but with a strap instead of a bracelet. Nice watch!!

I'm gonna try it on a strap myself. It just looks so good on the bracelet. I gotta say, there is no way to forget you're wearing this thing. It's massive and weighs a ton.

hnic

amazing watch

dalboy

Awesome these are.!!.

Your doe's look really nice..wear it in good health

Dal.

Steve227

Nice pick up, sold mine maybe a year ago and regretted it ever since! They just need to sort the really small loop on the logo, not that anyone else would notice! Enjoy often as a stunner :-)

conx

Nice watch

It took me a second to realise that you didn't have a bad skin condition and that they were not in fact wristies :)

Olly

Nice watch

It took me a second to realise that you didn't have a bad skin condition and that they were not in fact wristies :)

+1

TheTinMan

Nice watch

+1

HAHA, I don't know why, but I don't like taking wristies. Just not my thing.

hnic

tomorrow im gonna try the gen on

if i like it enough i'll buy it

the black version though

acid_luving

8557482368_e45d7a959e_c.jpg

After sizing the bracelet, I took the plastic off the dial and the glass dissappeared. The AR coating on it is as close to perfect as I've seen. This is definitely the best rep I own, SuperRep for sure.

Nice watch mate.

When I first saw the photograph, it felt like the hands of a guy who WAXED his arms. :lmao:

TheSav

Looks great. Enjoy :).

Olly

I would get one in a heart beat but it looks MASSIVE !!!!!!!!!!!

Corv99

Awesome watch... Enjoy it

Lev

Wow thats a beautiful watch and great pictures! Wear in good health mate!

Rolexrudy

Nice Bert , how's the bracelet "heft" on it ? Is it light or does it feel "gen" ?

naomibaby

Does the Chrono function really work?

hnic
Does the Chrono function really work?

yes it does

Black Diamond

Very nice indeed! It's so clean :thumbsup:

TheTinMan

Nice Bert , how's the bracelet "heft" on it ? Is it light or does it feel "gen" ?

This thing is as close to gen as I have ever seen on a rep. I haven't weighed it, but it is hefty.

TheTinMan

I've had a couple of issues with this thing over the course of the last month:

1. The bracelet had a weak link that opened up. I don't think it would have come apart, but it was very noticeable and drove me nuts. I emailed Toro and he offered to replace it if I sent it back. I've worn it on brown leather while I wait for a new bracelet. Gotta say it looks amazing on brown shoes.

8666069335_d73bb01ae1.jpg

8667169770_df0c12979d.jpg

2. I wear the watch once or twice a week. The rest of the time it sits on a winder. I can leave it on the winder for a week and timing is spot on (+/- 5 seconds per day). When I wear it however, it runs about 5 minutes fast per day.

The first item will be resolved shortly. The second is starting to drive me nuts. Anybody know why this might happen and how to rectify it?

boneyjr

How is the bezel.. tight click or loose?

TheTinMan

How is the bezel.. tight click or loose?

Bezel is great, unidirectional, 'tight click' just feels right. This is a rep that gets the credit it deserves, yet somehow is not recommended enough. Maybe it's too big for most, I think it's a good size for me.