greg_r

New week wristies w/c 5th April 2010

greg_r
127_150110.JPG

Silverspeed

Super Sea Dweller today...

IMG_4397-bewerktkopie.jpg

Silverspeed
@Silverspeed, I do like that strap on your 312, can I ask if it's 24>22 tapered and where you purchased it?

Yes it's tapered from 24 to 22mm. I got it from www.abp-paris.com

Not cheap but amazing quality

houndoggie
DSC04488.jpg

dingle

HD in da house....:D:) :)

Zed

100_3471.jpg

greg_r

Loving the 188, Zed :D

tdubt

photo.jpg

Its a Gen. I've only recently (last 2 weeks) become obsessed with Rep watches. Please pray for me LOL! :snowedunder:

Seriously though, amazing forum you have here. I've been lurking for about a week and have learned an enormous amount. My first reps are on their way and I'll post picks when I get them!

Member X

Sweeeeet :D

What did you order? Or are you going to keep us in suspense? ;):snowedunder:

Harley357

Invicta "Planet Ocean" for Friday

invictapo4910.jpg

tdubt

Well, I actually ordered 1 before I found this forum. so my hopes for it are very low. :snowedunder: Its a Yacht Master II.

Then after finding this forum I ordered 2 from timeshops.net...the one I really wanted was the perfect newbie rep...DSSD. I ordered the best one he has so I am really excited for it's arrival.

Also ordered a 007 Planet Ocean from him at same time.

I have high hopes for the 2 from timeshops, but I'll posts picks of all 3 and let everyone gives their feedback as well when I get them.

Last 2 days i've been trying to figure which PAM to order...a clean one, or a rep with the markings?

Member X

Go sterile IMO - less/no risk of being called out and you still get the shape and 'feel' of a PAM without the added expense of paying for a few letters on the dial and a bit of engraving :D

Order a homage from getat (his section of the forum is here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...mp;s=&f=68) and you can specify a superlumed dial, what strap and buckle you want, whether you want a PVD movement or different colour hands... ;)

I fear you may well be disappointed with the YMII, though, as I don't think a decent rep of it exists! Still, we'll cross our fingers... :snowedunder: Hope you didn't spend too much on it!!

tdubt

When wearing a sterile and someone asks about your fine watch...what do you say? Its a custom made watch designed after the look of a Panerai?

Yes superlume sterile was exactly what i was looking at...i better get one on the way...

i paid 190 for the YMII. in the world of scam artist reps its not a bad price. in the world of people here who know what they are doing...i'm expecting it to be a $190 lesson learned.

AllergyDoc

My $1K Bestswiss YM:

3158931732_02938d804d_o.jpg

Member X

$190 isn't the worst it could have been, you're right - someone on here posted the other day that they got scammed for over $2k for a cheap piece of junk...

Still, live and learn and all that! lol

You've found this place now so you should be fine for the future ;):D

re: the point about what you say when someone asks about your watch... Generally 'the public' will never notice your watch so you don't have to worry about them. I think I've only once had someone stare at my watch!

If you have colleagues and acquaintances to impress/consider then it's a different ball game. There's lots to consider, such as whether you're wearing a watch completely out of your price range (the blue smurf rolex that's about $18k and solid white gold, as an example lol); whether you have a collection that would mean you must have about $100k's worth if they were all genuine and you rotated them regularly; whether your bosses will think that they're paying you too much; whether your colleagues will think less of you if you reveal you wear replicas or if they know enough to know they're replicas; etc etc...

Sterile and homages are a comfortable way to get a good looking watch at a reasonable price, with none of the risks of being called out or sending out the wrong 'message' if someone notices a rep of whatever quality - and if someone is keen to know more, you can just say "It's something I had made up by a guy I know..." and leave it at that ;):snowedunder:

If they're still keen to know more and you think they may be sound of character, you can tell them more about the hobby!

dingle
$190 isn't the worst it could have been, you're right - someone on here posted the other day that they got scammed for over $2k for a cheap piece of junk...

Still, live and learn and all that! lol

You've found this place now so you should be fine for the future ;):D

re: the point about what you say when someone asks about your watch... Generally 'the public' will never notice your watch so you don't have to worry about them. I think I've only once had someone stare at my watch!

If you have colleagues and acquaintances to impress/consider then it's a different ball game. There's lots to consider, such as whether you're wearing a watch completely out of your price range (the blue smurf rolex that's about $18k and solid white gold, as an example lol); whether you have a collection that would mean you must have about $100k's worth if they were all genuine and you rotated them regularly; whether your bosses will think that they're paying you too much; whether your colleagues will think less of you if you reveal you wear replicas or if they know enough to know they're replicas; etc etc...

Sterile and homages are a comfortable way to get a good looking watch at a reasonable price, with none of the risks of being called out or sending out the wrong 'message' if someone notices a rep of whatever quality - and if someone is keen to know more, you can just say "It's something I had made up by a guy I know..." and leave it at that ;):snowedunder:

If they're still keen to know more and you think they may be sound of character, you can tell them more about the hobby!

+1

well said X ;)

NFleischer

DSC00275.jpg

The new Tag AquaRacer 500M

speedzmaster
DSC04488.jpg

Where'd you get that one? Is it a gen?

AllergyDoc

HD got rid of all his reps and is all gen now.

speedzmaster

Damn. I've yet to see a rep of that SMP with the correct He valve position.

sconehead

Doc sold one that he bought from Mary that was close speedz...any pics in your album Doc? ;)

Pix

A project is born : my new Navi L.E. with FineDD's AR coating, gen Valjoux 7750 and gen Breitling rotor. Not looking for the perfect clone (SIC) but for an accurate, reliable and credible watch.

Missing : looking for a standard Breitling caseback (as the L.E. one has spelling mistakes...)

Blue and burgundy, I believe the match is pretty good.

navi2l.jpg

navir.jpg

AllergyDoc

Doc sold one that he bought from Mary that was close speedz...any pics in your album Doc? ;)

4336586556_da8516d1e2_o.jpg

sconehead

Thanks Doc, He valve looks passable to me...

Member X
A project is born : my new Navi L.E. with FineDD's AR coating, gen Valjoux 7750 and gen Breitling rotor. Not looking for the perfect clone (SIC) but for an accurate, reliable and credible watch.

Missing : looking for a standard Breitling caseback (as the L.E. one has spelling mistakes...)

Blue and burgundy, I believe the match is pretty good.

Nice work ;)