Sign in to follow this  
redders678

Hi there

redders678

Hi there, I am new to all this.. I am looking for a good replica of a Rolex Sea Dweller Comex, and a Rolex Explorer. Can Any one help ? I am new to all this !!! Thanks. P.S. I am in the U.K.

greg_r

Welcome redders. Always nice to see another Brit here :snatch:

Firstly I'd recommend you have a good read of the board - particularly some of the posts stickied to the top of the New Members and General Discussion forums - they'll give you a good basic grounding in the rep world...

Any of our dealers should be able to supply good reps of either of the models you're after, so have a look at our Dealer subforums and Trusted dealer list, and feel free to contact one or more dealers to see what they have available (some have websites, some do not - all are good to deal with and helpful, however.

Don't hesitate to yell if you need help!

Fiddo

Hello redders! :D

Welcome!

KBH

Getting a good Comex takes a little work. There's lots of not so good ones around. Most of the vintage Rollies need some modifications after you get them. Josh at Perfect Clones has a pretty nice one too take a look at.

The Explorer models are excellent reps, particularly the Explorer I models. You can get them from any of the dealers. the main question is do you want the cheaper 21j movements or the Eta 25j or the Clone 25j movements. Quite often you'll find the better reps are the cases made for the Eta or Eta clone movements.

sconehead

First of all, welcome from a fellow Brit, there are a few colonials on this board as well but on the whole they're well behaved...:D

Some good advice in the posts above. If I may expand a bit on their advice though. What I'd do (knowing what I know now) is to research as much as poss on the exact rep model you're after to find the best version. Find a pic or a link on a dealers website that has the one you like and copy it. Then I would pm/email all the trusted dealers here that link/pic and ask them their best price, including shipping.

Basically, they can mostly all source the same watch for you, so why not go with the cheapest? :D

ebzen02

I have been on these boards for a while now, and all I can say is that it varies and now it's more difficult than ever to pick the right one since they keep coming up with different versions. All in all, there is no perfect rep, but of those you pointed out you cannot go wrong with the Explorer I. For one, it is almost 1:1 except that it is a tad (I mean just 1mm) larger than the gen and the glass does not rise as far up from the bezel as the gen about (the gen is almost twice as taller); also there should not be a crown etching on glass. The dial is however spot on and if you go for the swiss/swiss clone the crown is pretty good. This watch is so simple that even with these really minor flaws you will not be called out. Regarding the comex...you'll have to modify a bit to get close to gen.. That's my 2cents.. other than that I agree with the gentlemen above..

oscarmadfish

welcome

Luthier

Always nice to see another Rolex fan, and you're very wecome!!!

iabounty

Hello and welcome to RWG redders! Rolex fan here as well...... :(

fakemaster

Welcome

aneki

Welcome!