speedzmaster

DW vs Yuki quality

speedzmaster

I emailed DW a few days ago.

Has anybody else and gotten a response?

JoeyB
I emailed DW a few days ago.

Has anybody else and gotten a response?

Yes. I emailed him yesterday and received a reply last night.

speedzmaster
:D

RolexAddict

Just some precisions :

I don't think David is David Wong. His name -or shop name is Ping. The stuff is sold under DIY appelation.

He is located in Shenzhen, north of Hong Kong state. Cases and parts are probably built in Canton (Guangzhou City) whitch is about 100 miles north

A supposition :

Although cases are very well machined, sometimes specs like case tube hole threats or pusher hole threats are a little out of specs. I know about what I'm talking, I got 5 case sets from DIY. Maybe parts he gets are rejected parts after specs controls. And maybe the maker who makes these cases makes them for Yuki or Jewlery&watch... Also you have to pay extra for engravings.

Another thing : Sternkreuz Tropic 21 plexies sold by OFrei doesn't fit DIY cases. If you force it in, they collapse.

This could be the reasons why these parts/cases are not very expensive. And why a Spinmaster Daytona cost 600 bucks.

-Just a supposition, could be vrong-

KBH

Hmm, my watch supposedly has gen Rolex crystal. Also, I had no problem with the domed crystal from Clarke fitting.

I've always understood him to be located in and that he ships from Hong Kong?

speedzmaster

Maybe we could make a 'group buy' to get a deal on some cases?

RolexAddict
Hmm, my watch supposedly has gen Rolex crystal. Also, I had no problem with the domed crystal from Clarke fitting.

I've always understood him to be located in and that he ships from Hong Kong?

DIY cases are very accurate if I compare with specs with the Guido Mondani book tech. infos, but I confirm, Sternkreuz plexies doesn't fit DIY cases. To small diameter. And Sternkreuz are supposed have the right Rolex specs... Anyway, I use the plexi coming with the case set and rework on it

David is located and ship from Shenzhen. But Shenzhen is in Hong Kong, its a suburd town, its like people who say they live in Miami and in fact they are in Hollywood or Kendall. Shenzhen is very close from Guangzhou, I am quite sure parts are coming from Guangzhou.

And if, for exemple, Josh continues to sell vintage Daytona with vrong positionned pushers, the reason could be that before introduce new improved models, makers have the former stock to sell out...

My way now : I buy from Josh as he has 2 6263 models with EXCELLENT bracelets and EXCELLENT dials, and at the same time I buy a DIY case set. With minor mods I get very accurate Daytonas for less than 300 usd a piece.

ebzen02
My way now : I buy from Josh as he has 2 6263 models with EXCELLENT bracelets and EXCELLENT dials, and at the same time I buy a DIY case set. With minor mods I get very accurate Daytonas for less than 300 usd a piece.

So when will you be selling these to me????

RolexAddict
So when will you be selling these to me????

well,

If you are ready to put ..... $$$

seriously, I told many time here, I dont live in the bush circled by red necks, I am right now jumping between big European cities. My HQ : Paris downtown, not a insipid suburd. I live right in the middle of one of the best world spot.

Why I would sell you one of my cosmographs ? are you ready to put 1000 - 1500 euros in ?

I don't think so. And I don't want to fool a rep forum member. I sell some watches for cheap on rep forums. But no vintage Daytonas.

I reserve my cosmographs for some rich posers here in Paris, driving vintage sport cars, and I screw them hard :thumbsup:

KBH

Here's one for sale from another board today before it got pulled. Ridiculous.........

For sale my 6239 project. Bezel is genuine (paid 1000 euros for it...) case is fully engraved and 100% as genuine (size ecc....somebody more expert looked at it and thinks it's a genuine middle case.) Movement is NOS and very clean. Dial is perfect quality and 100% perfect. Original crown original pushers, original glass. It's very nice. Selling because I lost interest and following another project.

Asking price, including the bezel (paid 1000 euros), is 2000 euros.

Please send email because I am not so often in front of a computer.

IMG_2464.jpg

Fiddo
Here's one for sale from another board today before it got pulled. Ridiculous.........

For sale my 6239 project. Bezel is genuine (paid 1000 euros for it...) case is fully engraved and 100% as genuine (size ecc....somebody more expert looked at it and thinks it's a genuine middle case.) Movement is NOS and very clean. Dial is perfect quality and 100% perfect. Original crown original pushers, original glass. It's very nice. Selling because I lost interest and following another project.

Asking price, including the bezel (paid 1000 euros), is 2000 euros.

Please send email because I am not so often in front of a computer.

IMG_2464.jpg

Wow! $2700! Really??? :thumbsup:

speedzmaster

Post it on eBay, KBH. Then, we can create a post here with the title "Check Out This Douchebag!" :thumbsup:

ebzen02

Here is what DW sent me:

for the daytona 6265 with gen T21

price is 380usd plus shipping

air register mail price is 15 usd

take time 15-20day about

ems is 35usd take one week about

watch will have like gen engrave with stamp case back 571 78350/19 ss band

speedzmaster

What's a T21?

ebzen02
What's a T21?

It's the crystal

RolexAddict

Even if DIY (DW ?) cases are very, very close to the gen specs, the persistant problem is with plexies. It couldn't be a gen tropic 21, as gen specs doesn't match with the case

And even if its a gen, its not a good argument to sell pricy, a gen tropic 21 bought from an official Rolex repair center cost 15-20 us$ the same price like a quality aftermarket