Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

A Demonstration of Omega's New Anti-Magnetic Technology

SSTEEL

Spotted this on another forum, and thought I would share it here. Really interesting video..

Earlier today at the Setai hotel in midtown Manhattan, the global CEO of Omega, Stephen Urquhart, and the head of product development, Jean-Claude Monachon, introduced the first truly anti-magnetic watch technology (resistant up to 15,000 gauss). Presented inside a

prototype Seamaster Aqua Terra

, the new movement — caliber 8508 — is the first of many movements that will receive the new technology as Omega has announced that all Co-Axial equipped timepieces will eventually receive this technology.

http://professionalw..._new_.html#more

Edited by SSTEEL

nunu78

Wow, simply amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Harriskitty

Very clever, and I'm not surprised they're giving nothing away.

SSTEEL

I would imagine they are using internal components made of some new material instead. Maybe ceramic, or similar.

James.

Those aquaterra are really growing on me, so subtle and classy

sgtguk

Now that's Magic :suck:

court

Not something that will be repped anytime soon but cool all the same.

Harriskitty

No chance of it being ripped seen as how even water proofing is an issue

*repped*

TAGster

Amazing! thanks for sharing!

That could be another way to tell if the piece is a rep or a gen by simply using a magnet. :yoohoo:

I´ve been putting my cents to the savings for a while towards one gen blue Aqua Terra, maybe next month I would be able to finally get it. :bow:

Edited by TAGster

Olly

OH WOW !!!!

Lev

Wow. Feckin love Omega. Class watch company and definitely innovators. I also fell in love with the Aqua Terra when I saw Daniel Craig wear it in Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Anybody have a rep of it or any experience?

TAGster

Wow. Feckin love Omega. Class watch company and definitely innovators. I also fell in love with the Aqua Terra when I saw Daniel Craig wear it in Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Anybody have a rep of it or any experience?

That was exactly what happened to me also: saw Skyfall and fell in love with the blue Aqua Terra.

I have a rep of the Aqua Terra but is black with the numbers on the markers on green, which I believe is the rep of the AquaTerra Golf. As far as I know there is no rep of the blue one.

Lev

That was exactly what happened to me also: saw Skyfall and fell in love with the blue Aqua Terra.

I have a rep of the Aqua Terra but is black with the numbers on the markers on green, which I believe is the rep of the AquaTerra Golf. As far as I know there is no rep of the blue one.

Cheers mate! I think as long as it sort of conveys the aesthetic of the gen I'm ok with it. Is it decent? The one he has in GwDT is black face as well so I don't mind that. I actually prefer the black over the blue but hey thats like saying I like girls with black hair over blond. I'd still do both! Still great either way Haha

TAGster

Cheers mate! I think as long as it sort of conveys the aesthetic of the gen I'm ok with it. Is it decent? The one he has in GwDT is black face as well so I don't mind that. I actually prefer the black over the blue but hey thats like saying I like girls with black hair over blond. I'd still do both! Still great either way Haha

The rep is decent mate, the only thing I did not kind of liked is the bracelet, it looks like they toke a planet ocean one and put it onto the Aqua Terra and I don´t know if because of that, the case sits high at the end links, but overall is a good rep. Mine has a 21j which runs flawlessly. The watch is big, is a 44mm case, so compared to the gen 38.5 AquaTerra from Skyfall it looks huge.

Here are some quick pictures of my rep with the gen for comparison:

DSC_3855-2.jpg

DSC_3876.jpg

DSC_3865.jpg

DSC_3859.jpg

DSC_3866.jpg

DSC_3861.jpg

Hope the images helps. BTW the rep was sourced by WI.

Cheers mate!