Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

Black Dial Stainless Steel Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph 43mm

SSTEEL

His name is Vince, and he's a great guy, mention me, Micky, and he will sort you out ;)

68 Bullit

His name is Vince, and he's a great guy, mention me, Micky, and he will sort you out ;)

I will do Micky. The last guy from finland I knew called Micky was Micky Finn, the late Michael Sundstrom

SSTEEL

RIP Michael.

68 Bullit

RIP Michael.

I second that, he was an amazing talent,

Edited by 68 Bullit

Pharmo

Great, amazing work my friend.

how difficult would it be for a novice to maybe just change over the annoying blue screws they use in the back of all tag replicas?

I have looked at the part no in cousinsuk and the screws itself are cheap enough!

Thanks mate

g.man

Just seen this thread for the first time. Amazing job you've done there my friend.

kudos

g.man

SSTEEL

Great, amazing work my friend.

how difficult would it be for a novice to maybe just change over the annoying blue screws they use in the back of all tag replicas?

I have looked at the part no in cousinsuk and the screws itself are cheap enough!

Thanks mate

I would certainly not attempt that as a novice, so would recommend you practise on some cheaper movements first with the right tools, so you can get a feel on working with tiny parts.

Just seen this thread for the first time. Amazing job you've done there my friend.

kudos

g.man

Edited by SSTEEL

chum_2000_uk

Used to have one of these, but sold it as the incorrect TAG logo bothered me... silly really as it was hardly noticeable. How much of a difference does the gen dial make in the flesh? Aside from the logo differences, is the gen dial noticeably better finished, or are they pretty damn close unless looking through a magnifier/macro lens?

Great work mate... tempted to get another one of these at some stage.

SSTEEL

The gen dial is more of a darker black then the rep. The finish is also completely overall better of course.

I have been studying, and looking at everything closely since the conversion, and noticed a few things..

The inner chapter ring: Whilst this looked at first to be accurate, its not, there are minute differences which are noticeable up close. For example, the small five minute arrows. The one at 6 o'clock is off by a second, which is turn results in the others being slightly off also.

The bezel insert on mine has a part of the letter Y missing in Tachymetre, which at first, I thought was the only tell, but again, just like the chapter ring, under closer inspection, this too has more discrepancies too.

The rep chapter ring, and the rep bezel insert align correctly @12, but @6 they are a second off. The chapter ring markers @6, and @9 are also off.

Regarding the above rep tells, as said, these are only noticeable under close inspection, but being OCD, I first thought it was a simple case of me not refitting the hands correctly, and so tried that again, all TDC, but still off, so then tried to rotate the movement slightly within its movement holder, but alas, it was then I discovered that both the rep chapter ring, and rep bezel insert are ever so slightly off.

Needless to say, I have now ordered gen replacements for the above two mentioned parts.

Will document the removal of these rep parts, and the fitting of the gen replacements as and when I get them in hand.

LightGeek

Pretty awesome stuff! Are you sure there is no more dust on the dial or underside of the crystal? :)

How did you clean the hands, by the way? ... and how come you're not a VIP?

SSTEEL

No dust under crystal, but need to give the crystal a good clean inside, and out next I remove the movement for the next work/upgrades.

I used Isopropanol to clean the hands. A tiny amount on the end of a q-tip.

null_zps4467d39b.jpg

SSTEEL

Sorry for the dead links to most of my photos, I accidentally deleted a sub-album in my photobucket account. I have managed to source most of the originals, and uploaded related shots to the following album...

garnier10

How much the gen movement cost? and where to get it?

GenTLe

How much the gen movement cost? and where to get it?

3,5 old thread...

The gen movement is an ETA 7750. Starts from 350€ (used) and up.

The Chinese 7750 clone movement costs around 140€ (http://www.ebay.it/itm/321706946171)

the_frenchman
222EC167-87A8-4763-8D35-DA1DBFAD50E1_zpsha4eswwm.gif

garnier10

Is it possible to fit the rep hands in a gen swiss calibre 16 movement? I have the movement but I'm not able to get the gen hands

And another question, is it possible to remove the sapphire crystal without removing the bezel?

Edited by garnier10