Sign in to follow this  
Natura Vergine

Hallo there!

Natura Vergine

I came here to tell an experience:

I bought a vintage style day - date Patek Phillipe REF 39701W in Bangkok on the street. I paid for it 1,200 baht, that is about 27 euro. I liked it so I took it for fun with the idea to give it to a friend as a souvenir from Thailand. To my surprise I noticed that the deviation was only 2-3 sec fast per day. I found it strange that such a watch is well within COSC specifications. I liked it so much that I actually started wearing it, so I stopped winding it manually. To my amazement the watch became almost as accurate as a quartz watch. It is between +-1 sec, depending on how much I wear it. If I walk a whole day then it will be +3 secs fast. Last 7 days I was checking it daily and it didn’t miss a second. This works if I place it in an upright position (12 up) when I don’t wear it.

Since I don’t suppose that somebody stole a new original Patek Phillipe just to sell it for 27 euro in Bangkok I hope that there are people on this forum that can explain how a fake watch can do this.

Luthier

Velcome to the Forum, NV!!

Here's an explanation:

Your PP has 21J movement, made in China, ofcourse, it cost around $5-$7, but in the last few years chinese improved the quality of this movement so much, that it works perfectly, and keep good time. The only difference betveen 21J and genuine Swiss ETA is - 21j has 21,6000 beats, and ETA has 28,800 beats, so, seconds hand move more smoothly, ticks almost invisible. Also, 21j is extremely reliable movement, and chinese employ it in many high quality replicas, that also cost around $70-$100.

Congratulations with your first buy, I bought my first replica in Bkk too.

Now be ready to get addicted, and buy tons of great replicas.

Fiddo

Hello! :D

Fake watches have real watch movements in them. Many are capable of keeping excellent time. I have several 21J, 2836 and 6497 movements that keep excellent time. Some I have adjusted. Some I have not. Just because a watch is a replica it does not imply that it is cheap and inaccurate.....although they can be cheap and inaccurate. :)

Do you know what kind of movement is in your watch?

ebzen02

Pics?

Luthier

Guys, it's $30 watch, what mov't do you expect??? ETA???

greg_r

Yup - if you get a good one, a 21J is a damned good movement. None of mine are quite within CoSC specs, but a couple of them are darned close.

Welcome to the board! :D

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse and the addiction :facepalm:

Natura Vergine
Hello! :notworthy:

Fake watches have real watch movements in them. Many are capable of keeping excellent time. I have several 21J, 2836 and 6497 movements that keep excellent time. Some I have adjusted. Some I have not. Just because a watch is a replica it does not imply that it is cheap and inaccurate.....although they can be cheap and inaccurate. :thumbsup:

I have no clue what kind of movement is inside and how to find it out. Could use guidance:-) It would be good to know. I try to insert picts of my 'COSC Patek Phillipe:-) if it works.

BTW in Thayland I bought also a black face Rolex date just. Pretty good work, a nice design, but the movement is a disaster. Sometimes it is even +-1 minute per day. It cannot be really used as a time piece.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2851/backai.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6625/frontpn.jpg

Edited by Natura Vergine

dingle
Hello! :notworthy:

Fake watches have real watch movements in them. Many are capable of keeping excellent time. I have several 21J, 2836 and 6497 movements that keep excellent time. Some I have adjusted. Some I have not. Just because a watch is a replica it does not imply that it is cheap and inaccurate.....although they can be cheap and inaccurate. :thumbsup:

I have no clue what kind of movement is inside and how to find it out. Could use guidance:-) It would be good to know. I try to insert picts of my 'COSC Patek Phillipe:-) if it works.

BTW in Thayland I bought also a black face Rolex date just. Pretty good work, a nice design, but the movement is a disaster. Sometimes it is even +-1 minute per day. It cannot be really used as a time piece.

backai.jpg

frontpn.jpg

natura---pics are not working. check here to learn how to post them :clap:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=4390

iabounty

Hello and welcome to RWG Natura! :beer:

fakemaster
Since I don’t suppose that somebody stole a new original Patek Phillipe just to sell it for 27 euro in Bangkok I hope that there are people on this forum that can explain how a fake watch can do this.

You got lucky :beer: