Sign in to follow this  
yippykayay2121

When was the Rep game started?

Caliper

hehe, good read.

I'd dare to say reps have been available ever seen Asia began to be used as an outsource for cheap labor.

Miracle

spboudart

My mother was a stewardess and started to fly with 'Air France' back in '66, and many of her colleagues were bringing back reps from their trip to Asia. At that time, even the customs were starting to search for reps in travelers luggage coming back from Asia. She told me that the rumor was that some would smuggle the timepieces hiding them up their ass....

Miracle

Wow thats dedication

stolikat

My grandfather gave me my first one back in 1987. It was a gold plated Rolex Presidential.

Baldrick

My first fake was way back around '74.....it was a red and green striped dial Gucci....thought it was great at the time....:lol:

IMG_1460.JPG

Frankt8242

the whole "replica" concept got rolling big time right after WW2 in Japan...My cousin was stationed there in '47, and he used to tell a story about a town near Tokyo that changed its name to "Usa".....They made fake Parker fountain pens, and they were labeled:

Made In USA...

For many years, "made in occupied Japan", automatically signified "junk"....Until the mid '50's, when folks like Toyota, Yamaha, Fuji, Honda, Sony, etc. started building products...

Baldrick

The whole rep game really reached it's peak with Helena ;)