Sign in to follow this  
Dafydd57

TAG Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph - improved model

Dafydd57

Hey folks,

Today I received a TAG Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph from Watch International. This is an updated reproduction of the 2007 Series 4 F1 Chronograph with a black dial (TAG Heuer Model CAH 1110.BA0850)

Rep_zps4fad62b0.jpg

The new model has a longer second hand which more accurately mimics the original and the date window is now centered between 3 and 4 -o-clock (the earlier model was not quite center. N.B. the bezel does actually line quite nicely, it is one click out of center. However the bezel is not as crisp as the original, it's nice and tight but the clicks do not feel as solid when rotating.

Secondhand_zps2202c6d1.jpg

The clasp lock has also been updated to more accurately reflect the gen.

Clasp_zps9f605471.jpg

A look at the crown and pushers, no real change here as the earlier model was pretty accurate:

Crown_zps45b842bd.jpg

And finally a shot of the right hand side:

TAGHeuer_zps7f3b0eae.jpg

This model still suffers with the same problem as the earlier rep in that the Heuer in the TAG Heuer logo is a little thicker on the replicas as opposed to the gen.

One other difference to the gen that I have noticed as that the date font on the rep is not as large as on the original. Here is a picture of my gen CAH1111:

Genuine_zps9604162a.jpg

You will notice that the 20 completely fills the date window where the date on the rep doesn't, refer to the above pictures.

I've also noticed that the red second and chronograph hand are a little deeper red in colour on the reps and the printing on the dials is not as crisp. However, just like the earlier rep, this watch uses the same ETA G10.711 quartz movement as the genuine watch. The lume on the hands are as bright and last as long as the gen but the hour markers are extremely weak when compared side by side to the gen (Sorry no photo's yet, will post later when it's dark).

Considering that this new rep is almost 1/10th the price of a genuine TAG Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph, the slight differences from the genuine are negligable, it is an almost 1;1 rep. I would consider this a "Super rep".

These new reps are available in all four colours, orange, red, black and white. Contact your favourite TD if you're interested in them.

Hope you enjoyed this mini review of the TAG Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph

Edited by Dafydd57

onionbag

I've always liked these, unfortunately the one I ordered now adorns the wrist of a postie..............somewhere between here and Hong Kong.

Thanks for the review. :clap:

Dafydd57

I've always liked these, unfortunately the one I ordered now adorns the wrist of a postie..............somewhere between here and Hong Kong.

Thanks for the review. :clap:

Sorry to hear that Onionbag, no problems here in Canada with light fingered government workers (what can you expect?). Brother in UK received his orange model also without problems.

Edited by Dafydd57

ahcleo

Hi Dafydd57, may i ask if the chorograph do really works and which TD you purchase it from?

JaceyBoy

I have a real one of these in Orange

diggs

what's the diameter and price of these?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Theduke.williams

Hi Dafydd57, Perhaps a photo showing the Gen white F1 alongside the Rep black F1 would be a good idea, especially for lume shots.

To Reply to Ahcleo the clue is in the statement 'this watch uses the same ETA G10.711 quartz movement as the genuine watch'

Considering the same movement, and hence identical chronograph function etc, this has to be considered one of the best reps out there!

I got mine from Watch International, but I would expect most (if not all) of the TD's should be able to source them. Contact your favourite TD and ask!

Dafydd57

Sorry for the late response, damned work. To answer ahcleo, the chronometer functions in exactly the same way as the gen. Hi diggs, this watch is the identical size as the gen, They are 41mm in diameter and the TD's will be able to provide current pricing for you.

I also received my watch from Watch International. I'll try and add some side by side pictures along with lume shots later today as requested by Theduke.

gb94

Hi do you mind if I ask roughly how much this cost as I am looking for exactly that watch

Thanks a lot

Dafydd57

PM sent to diggs and gb94

ahcleo

Hi Dafydd57, mine u PM me the cost?

ahcleo

got the same model but in red from watch international. Super delighted with it

Dafydd57

Hey ahcleo,

Would you mind posting a pic please, I'd be interested in seeing the red model.

Thanks

senna99

Nice review!

Enjoy it!

Dafydd57

The all important lume shot. Apologies for the poor pic, taken in total darkness.

DSC00066_zps8647795f.jpg

Gen on left

Edited by Dafydd57

onceuponatime

can you please PM me the details on this..cost, availability and other details? Thanks !

black263

Hey folks,

Today I received a TAG Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph from Watch International. This is an updated reproduction of the 2007 Series 4 F1 Chronograph with a black dial (TAG Heuer Model CAH 1110.BA0850)

Rep_zps4fad62b0.jpg

One other difference to the gen that I have noticed as that the date font on the rep is not as large as on the original. Here is a picture of my gen CAH1111:

Genuine_zps9604162a.jpg

You will notice that the 20 completely fills the date window where the date on the rep doesn't, refer to the above pictures.

I am slightly confused by this review. The OP and Rochest both say that the movement is the same in both the gen and in the rep. Yet looking up the G10.711 movement on the internet, it says that it is not possible to change the datewheel on this movement. http://www.gleaveandco.com/eta_g10711.html So if they are the same movement gen and rep, and the datewheel can't be changed, why the font difference?

black263

Can anyone comment on my query above?

Dafydd57

Can anyone comment on my query above?

I really can't comment regarding the different date wheel font, All I can add is that I have had the back off this watch and can confirm that it is indeed an ETA G10.711 movement - even has a renata battery to boot.

I removed the back and took a quick photo for you:

DSC00089_zps67743aa8.jpg

Hope this helps (the SS strap was so nice, I put it on my gen F1)

Edited by Dafydd57

Dafydd57

can you please PM me the details on this..cost, availability and other details? Thanks !

PM sent

rochies74

Great post mate!! I'm placing an order for this same watch on timeshops. Will post a review as well after I receive it. Do you happen to know if they really carry a sapphire glass as they advertise?

crazyhorse2352

Hi, can you please pm the details on this watch. Thanks

Dafydd57

Hi, can you please pm the details on this watch. Thanks

PM sent

strattakan

thanks for the review! can you send me details on this watch?

Vitix

Hey folks,

Rep_zps4fad62b0.jpg

The new model has a longer second hand which more accurately mimics the original and the date window is now centered between 3 and 4 -o-clock (the earlier model was not quite center. N.B. the bezel does actually line quite nicely, it is one click out of center. However the bezel is not as crisp as the original, it's nice and tight but the clicks do not feel as solid when rotating.

Secondhand_zps2202c6d1.jpg

The clasp lock has also been updated to more accurately reflect the gen.

Clasp_zps9f605471.jpg

A look at the crown and pushers, no real change here as the earlier model was pretty accurate:

Crown_zps45b842bd.jpg

And finally a shot of the right hand side:

TAGHeuer_zps7f3b0eae.jpg

This model still suffers with the same problem as the earlier rep in that the Heuer in the TAG Heuer logo is a little thicker on the replicas as opposed to the gen.

Genuine_zps9604162a.jpg

I've also noticed that the red second and chronograph hand are a little deeper red in colour on the reps and the printing on the dials is not as crisp. However, just like the earlier rep, this watch uses the same ETA G10.711 quartz movement as the genuine watch. The lume on the hands are as bright and last as long as the gen but the hour markers are extremely weak when compared side by side to the gen (Sorry no photo's yet, will post later when it's dark).

Considering that this new rep is almost 1/10th the price of a genuine TAG Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph, the slight differences from the genuine are negligable, it is an almost 1;1 rep. I would consider this a "Super rep".

These new reps are available in all four colours, orange, red, black and white. Contact your favourite TD if you're interested in them.

Hello, can you PM me all the details?

thanks