Sign in to follow this  
jeffw69

I am done buying watches!

scorpion

Is this a good bye thread? Off to spend time with Balad and Luth?

Better keep an eye on Jeff...if he suddenly starts selling reps galore then in 30 days buys more gens then picks a fight with Greg we will need another poll to bring him back :giggle:

Nah, Jeff is my friend :wub:

.... and if that doesn't frighten him into buying a watch, nothing will :D

I have another theory for the buying no more watches........his gen DSSD had a busted pearl and he said he was going to the AD to get it fixed. Either he bought another secret gen whilst there or the repair cost was enough to halt his growing rep collection.

He has run out of .......................

1 dollars.gif

:giggle:

greg_r

that's as good a theory as any I've heard yet :lol:

RichardMiami
jeff_zpsb159c0c3.jpg

scorpion

that's as good a theory as any I've heard yet :lol:

Lets see if Jeff replies....I dont think he has much love for me any more, not after my attempts to bring back Balad :sad:

Cyril_Clunge

Actually I think I may be done too. Haven't bought anything for quite a while and then today, whilst out shopping with Mrs C I got the green light for a gen purchase. In the AD with a ceramic PO on my wrist a little while later I found that I just couldn't bring myself to spend the cash.

At home a few hours later and I'm getting ready to go out for a meal and get the Safari out of the watchbox only to find it as dead as the proverbial extinct flightless bird. I may well be camped outside the AD waiting for them to open tomorrow.

NFleischer

I hate when that happens Cyril. I just picked up my good ole Swiss Fish that worked flawlessly for 5 years- also dead as a dodo.

Sent it off to 10:10 for CPR.

slaughterer

Actually I think I may be done too. Haven't bought anything for quite a while and then today, whilst out shopping with Mrs C I got the green light for a gen purchase. In the AD with a ceramic PO on my wrist a little while later I found that I just couldn't bring myself to spend the cash.

At home a few hours later and I'm getting ready to go out for a meal and get the Safari out of the watchbox only to find it as dead as the proverbial extinct flightless bird. I may well be camped outside the AD waiting for them to open tomorrow.

That story can only lead to one thing: you buy the gen to replace the broken rep.

Cyril_Clunge

Yeah can't really complain, first time I've had one crap out on me.

Cyril_Clunge

That story can only lead to one thing: you buy the gen to replace the broken rep.

I might have got the ok for a PO or a Sub but there's no way she's letting me buy a gen AP!

RichardMiami

I am literally on my way to my rep-friendly watchsmith right now. I brought my Omega Deville on a trip this week, and it was DOA coming out of its box. First time like that for me. Let's see what he says. .

sent from a mall using technology

conx

I sense a trend here. Are all these dead reps due to the current crackdown? Damn clever those Chinese police.

arancini

What sort of movement are we talking fellas with the dead Reps?

7750 per chance?

Del

That's a bummer CC. Send a PM to midasmook and he'll tell what he got done to his Safari to get it fixed after it also stopped out of the blue. It wasn't cheap but is the only way to go with this watch if you plan on keeping it.

Tbh, this is why I don't have any secs @ 12 in my collection now...

Cyril_Clunge
That's a bummer CC. Send a PM to midasmook and he'll tell what he got done to his Safari to get it fixed after it also stopped out of the blue. It wasn't cheap but is the only way to go with this watch if you plan on keeping it.

Tbh, this is why I don't have any secs @ 12 in my collection now...

I knew I was taking a risk with it but it is my favourite rep so I guess I'll have to stump up the readies to get it sorted.

jeffw69
jeff is two days away from posting his "my next watch" forum on RWG: he just said he "likes" the "Italian designs" in another forum. Big Brother/Master Croupier i :fearlessleader: s :ahw: watching your every move :dog: now jeff.

:facepalm: that was a joke about Italian AAA rep watches.

jeffw69

Better keep an eye on Jeff...if he suddenly starts selling reps galore then in 30 days buys more gens then picks a fight with Greg we will need another poll to bring him back :giggle:

I have another theory for the buying no more watches........his gen DSSD had a busted pearl and he said he was going to the AD to get it fixed. Either he bought another secret gen whilst there or the repair cost was enough to halt his growing rep collection.

He has run out of .......................

1 dollars.gif

:giggle:

Pearl replacement, when I finally do it, will be no charge. :)

You see, GEN watches have this thing called a warranty.

jeffw69
But... what about the Tudor Black Bay... and the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms that will come out?

My Precious..........

Tudor does nothing for me, except maybe a Pelagos.

I have considered a Gen BP FF in the past........

Very, very temping, but like I said, I'm done. Content with a capital c.

jeffw69

Yes Greg, you are a great friend, can't see ever wanting to get in a fight with you.

BTW, those troublemakers Scorpion and conx expressed a strong desire for some gulag time...... :Whistle:

conx
But... what about the Tudor Black Bay... and the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms that will come out?

My Precious..........

Tudor does nothing for me, except maybe a Pelagos.

I have considered a Gen BP FF in the past........

Very, very temping, but like I said, I'm done. Content with a capital c.

:wave: bye then

:lol:

LightGeek

Easy money Rich :D

Nope, I am going to win this bet. Wanna bet? :lol:

What next then? Man purses maybe?

See, that's how you show your noobness.

Pfffft, I started with purses muthafucka! :rofl:

I've only been here 6 months :) fine. Tie bar/clip collecting time.

Realism

I am done jerking off

stenchlord

This thread delivers.

If I ever feel that I'm done with reps I hope someone steals all the ones I own so that I have to come back to replace them all.

gB.
I am done jerking off

Ah, well done young padawan. Time for real gen sexy time it is...

Realism
I am done jerking off

Ah, well done young padawan. Time for real gen sexy time it is...

way the me show :yoda:

scorpion

Yes Greg, you are a great friend, can't see ever wanting to get in a fight with you.

BTW, those troublemakers Scorpion and conx expressed a strong desire for some gulag time...... :Whistle:

Tut Tut Jeff - you should not discriminate against Me and Conx because we tried to bring back the little Army Man. You enjoyed getting him cleaning the cells in the Gulag but me and Conx have never done you any harm and a comeback Poll don't deserve Gulag time.

Show some love Jeff..... forgive us both

1 love it.gif