Sign in to follow this  
gottahaverolex

2008 Rep of the Year!

gottahaverolex

I didn't do this in a poll because I'm sure I wouldn't name all the candidates that should be here. So... What is the best replica watch of 2008? Regardless of wether or not you like a certain brand, pound for pound the most accurite rep that was released this past year.

I vote the Rolex Deepsea V3 hands down, followed closely by the Concord C1 Chronograph.

What say yee?

onzenuub

Breitling SA, Skyland, Legende

bene3

Rolex DeepSea V3, Breitling SA and Skyland.

AllergyDoc

This is a tough one. We tend to like the one we just got the most. I was most excited with the GMT-II C CHS but the DS SD V3 is better. If the bezel font had been a tad thicker it would have been (almost) perfect. We can't forget the Graham Oversized Chrono Diver. Those watches were spot on. I'd go with:

Deep Sea V3

Graham Oversized Chrono Diver

GMT-II C

Sorry, I didn't see the concord.

iabounty

Great topic ghr. I wish I had any or all of those watches so I could give my opinion. Just own a couple cheapies at the moment. Hope to rectify that situation in the near future..... :rofl:

oscarmadfish

these 2 for me

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

NFleischer

i don't have any of those. i might be tempted one day to get the rolex deep sea

the V3 looks nice. its such a monster. probably no bigger than the grand carrera

gottahaverolex
i don't have any of those. i might be tempted one day to get the rolex deep sea

the V3 looks nice. its such a monster. probably no bigger than the grand carrera

I think the carerra is 43mm like the deepsea. Although I think the thickness of the deepsea makes it wear a little bigger than the carerra. Both excellant watches!

gottahaverolex

I totally forgot about the SA! I was a little fed up with reps at the time it came out, it is a great rep though!

trailboss99

If its accuracy over all else you want it's this:

ebel_discovery.jpg

Hands down. The pushers are about .5mm to long. Appart from that it's perfect. I have seen both rep and gen at once and the owner has trouble telling them appart.

The De Witt Academia

1.jpg

5.jpg

Is alao pretty damn close to perfect.

As far as being closest to 1:1 this pair is proberley it. If the MB Time walker chrono had not come out end last year it would be on there as well.

Maybe the Graham deserves a mention?

Col.

bene3

I also have to add this as well. The Chopard Mile Miglia GMT Chrono. I think this is a great rep.

gottahaverolex

Those are all awesome reps, I had n ever even seen them before. I guess that's what I get for being so closed minded about watches! Very nice indeed!

alw

I vote for Ebel Discovery.

Luthier

1. Chopard MM Gran Tourismo XL RG

2. Rolex Deep Sea V3

3.Rolex DD oversized

4. Breitling SA V2

5. Breitling Chronomat Evolution TT

6. TAG Grand Carrera Calibre 17 RG

7. Concord C-1

JohnG

Big Bang King

How the fuck did you guys forget that one? I thought Dave drilled it into our head enough...

gottahaverolex
Big Bang King

How the fuck did you guys forget that one? I thought Dave drilled it into our head enough...

SEE! That's why I didn't do a poll, I would have fucked it all up! HA

greg_r

No question about it - has to be THIS

trailboss99

Deep Sea V3? 2nd most acurate? Come on mate, pull the other one. If we're geting down to tin tacks there's still some problems there. The crystal is the big tell. Shape is all wrong still. It's not raised near enough. The dome should start at near twice the height of the bezel. It doesn't on the rep. The date window does not have the double bevel of the gen either. Also the bezel font is still not right. These are the big tells. Most everything is reasonably close. It's by far the best of the popular choices this year but there's closer reps that just arn't as popular.

I'm telling you, the Ebel is perfect execpt for that half mm or so on the pushers and even side by side you can't tell without very close examination. The De Wit is only a hairs bredth behind then prob the BB King.

Col.

Guest dave123

I have bought pretty much them all and the Graham Diver tech seal i'm giving away at RG is the best watch of the year without question,the other Diver models as well,a real gen feeling watch.

The BBK is very nice as well though,but the edge to the Divers.

The Ebel is great but its a rep of a very cheap gen watch,so who cares?....i never understand the attraction of buying fakes of cheap gens,that Ebel can be bought for well under 2k..... :P

trailboss99

Agree Dave but he asked for the most acruate rep and IMO that is it. Mind you the guy who owns both the rep and gen I have handled could buy us all and not even notice so it can't be too bad a gen. It is not my favorite watch by a long shot but the rep is PERFECT and that's what he asked for in this thread.

Col.

BTW, over four grand here. Count yourselvs lucky.

Gruva

The new Breitling Avenger Seawolf seems to be a very accurate rep. Maybe the dial fonts and date font is a fraction too thin. A nice rep though. The yellow dial is a cool one.

15.jpg

AllergyDoc

I saw those on Josh's site. As I like yellow a lot, I might have to get one of those. You say they're accurate?

Hmm..... I see the likelihood of sloppy lume dots, though.

Edited by AllergyDoc