Sign in to follow this  
Psycho Marco

Undecided... Panerai Pam 441 or Romain Jerome Steampunk chrono

Xebryus

Clothes aren't needed. With Jeff being in the videos, someone needs to take his spot as a Fluffer

Frankt8242

Pam 441 looks great if you ask me.

Can't argue with that.....But not any more great than a myriad of other Pams that have been closely replicated for $200.-$300.

Mazz

I think the Titanic edition is disrespectful to all those that lost their lives .......... why not go chip off part of peoples grave stones

jeffw69

Clothes aren't needed. With Jeff being in the videos, someone needs to take his spot as a Fluffer

How did I get involved in this discussion???

Mechwarrior

Who knows why the braggarts always have Italian names .... :cry:

p.s. i am italian

LondonBB

Firstly I have to agree with the majority, that the RJ watch is truly hideous, such that I'm amazed they actually sell any at all.

Secondly I'd take the Titanic link with a pinch of salt. Initially my understanding was that they had a 12 inch piece of Titanic's hull which was then mixed in with a ton or so of modern steel by Harland and Wolff, who originally built her. Therefore at best you might get a molecule or two of Titanic in the watch, which to me is stretching a provenance link rather far. However I know believe that the section of hull didn't even come from Titanic but rather a sister ship, and therefore has no direct link with Titanic at all, the story being confined to being made of the same metal as Titanic, but not actually of Titanic.

Member X

Firstly I have to agree with the majority, that the RJ watch is truly hideous, such that I'm amazed they actually sell any at all.

Secondly I'd take the Titanic link with a pinch of salt. Initially my understanding was that they had a 12 inch piece of Titanic's hull which was then mixed in with a ton or so of modern steel by Harland and Wolff, who originally built her. Therefore at best you might get a molecule or two of Titanic in the watch, which to me is stretching a provenance link rather far. However I know believe that the section of hull didn't even come from Titanic but rather a sister ship, and therefore has no direct link with Titanic at all, the story being confined to being made of the same metal as Titanic, but not actually of Titanic.

Interesting...

Can you share the provenance of this information?

I've long thought the Titanic link was a bit wrong, but if they're just using it as a marketing ploy then I'm not sure which is worse - it being true or it being marketing! :lol:

Xebryus

How did I get involved in this discussion???

No effing clue honestly

LondonBB

Interesting...

Can you share the provenance of this information?

I've long thought the Titanic link was a bit wrong, but if they're just using it as a marketing ploy then I'm not sure which is worse - it being true or it being marketing! :lol:

Can't recall now, to be honest. A while back I did quite a bit of trawling on the net and came up with some info suggesting the fact that the metal came from a sister period ship, not Titanic. I do also know from my own research its extremely difficult to get hold of any ex-RMS Titanic material.

Coalguru

I have RJ and there is a certificate with the watch, issued by H&W shipyard and by UK Royal Court Officer confirming that it is real Titanic steel mixed with A grade modern ship hull steel in the bezel. Though no exact proportion shown.

Отправлено из моего iPad используя Tapatalk HD