Sign in to follow this  
watch.aholic

Winding direction 7750 movement?

watch.aholic

I know the 7750 rotor winds in one direction.....it spins both ways but will only wind in one direction....Don't know which one is it.....I've got a few watches with A 7750 in them and hate to wind them with the crown...so when I put them on after setting the time, I like to whirl them a bit so they have that extra bit of reserve power so they don't stop soon after I wear them as my job is mostly sedentary.......

So the question is.....if I hold a watch with a 7750 movement....the watch head facing me....which side should I swing it so the movement winds.....should I flick it to the left or to the right?

Cheers

Rolexwatchman

A7750/ET7750 = Uni-direction in "CLOCKWISE"

ETA2824, 2836 = Bi-direction

Kcore
I know the 7750 rotor winds in one direction.....it spins both ways but will only wind in one direction....Don't know which one is it.....I've got a few watches with A 7750 in them and hate to wind them with the crown...so when I put them on after setting the time, I like to whirl them a bit so they have that extra bit of reserve power so they don't stop soon after I wear them as my job is mostly sedentary.......

So the question is.....if I hold a watch with a 7750 movement....the watch head facing me....which side should I swing it so the movement winds.....should I flick it to the left or to the right?

Cheers

Just out of curiosity , is there a reason you don't like to yes the crown to wind this type of movt.? I've read different things about the A7750 Chrono with regard to use but don't recall anything about winding. Can careful winding damage this movt.?

Thanks

digger2

Here you have info on the subject:

User guide to the A7750 movement

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6101

"If you have to hand-wind the movement, do so gently and try not to do it too often. The hand wind mechanism is quite high-geared and there is a danger that you can strip the gears if you're too rough with it. Best advice is to start the watch with a quick 'swirl' then just strap it on and wear it. Normal use should keep it wound (I can vouch for this as it's what I do.)."

Kcore

Thx digger!!! Made that thread a sticky for myself.