charlesanderika

Any watch repairers for reps in New Zealand - PO crown stripped

charlesanderika

Has anyone used a watch repairer for any of their reps that is based in New Zealand?

My first rep - an Omega PO from WI - arrived with the stem unscrewed and the thread already stripped.

I'd like to see if i can get it either fixed or the tube/stem shortened so that it at least sits flush against the watch (even if it doesnt screw down)

I've since found a number of posts suggesting that this is an all too regular occurance for that model - feeling a bit sad about it really.

Any help greatfully received.

Sparkal

Hey mate,

Welcome to the community, bummer about your first experience being bum. Where are you based? I have an old case set fot a 42mm po chrono somewhere at home. I may be able to get you some parts.

I am in Auckland.

Rustynail240

You could contact Paul [email protected]

He has repaired a couple of Omega Reps for me. He is also listed on the Trade-me site in the business section under watch repairs.

He does a good job at a very fair price.

He is Auckland based.

Edited by Rustynail240

charlesanderika

Hi thanks very much for the advice guys, I've actually found a small local watch repairer in Lower Hutt who is going to take a look and see if he can sort it. I'll keep you updated as to if he's able to sort it. cheers.

charlesanderika

Great result on my PO, the watch repairers shortened the stem, so that it doesn't matter that it will not screw down, and it behaves like a normal non screw down crown - sweet!

I'd post a picture but it just looks like a normal PO should without the crown sticking out now :)

They charged $40 to do it, which I thought was pretty reasonable. I'd certainly use them again/recommend them.

So if you are in the Wellignton area of NZ and need a repairer it's worth considering these guys - Wideberg Watchmakers and they are in Lower Hutt.

chris9

Another member in Wellington! That make 3 of us so far..Almost enough for a NZ GTG. Anyothers out there?

DireStraits
On 28/03/2013 at 00:54, Rustynail240 said:

You could contact Paul [email protected]

He has repaired a couple of Omega Reps for me. He is also listed on the Trade-me site in the business section under watch repairs.

He does a good job at a very fair price.

He is Auckland based.

I'd stay well away from Paul... I've heard nightmares about this guys work; all nice until he makes a mistake, and it sounds like he makes many.  He build a (bad) reputation on the Seiko and Citizen forums for his work and "shortcuts". There's a reason he left Citizen to go and work as a teacher at a school, and why he works out of his garden shed at home... 

A friend of mine took his Panerai and Rolex reps to Paul. The Panerai ended up with a small scratch on the watchface, and the Rolex with a scratched caseback and it was fogging up due to Paul sealing it badly . Paul didn't care, he just said "mistakes happen, but I won't be doing anything about it".   

If you don't have any money to take your watch to a half-decent watchsmith you could roll the dice and hope for the best with him. 

Edited by DireStraits

tribefan

jqmYuo.png

• Like 3