Sign in to follow this  
boneyjr

What exactly are we supposed to make of this? Ebay scam?

onionbag

The bid is over 1,300 now.

I reported the item yesterday but it seems eBay is not willing to take down the listing.

Anybody has reported the item also?

I think you may find that some public spirited folks are bidding it up................only for their accounts to be discovered as socks.

TAGster

Oh god that wont be on there for long but what i don't get is how STUPID are the people that are bidding on it !!!!! come on, a rolex is ment to be flawless and perfect not cheap crappy dog faeces head%20bash.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the people that has bidden on it are not watch freaks like us, maybe they are only persons that see a "nice brand" watch at a very attractive price. But they will pay the price for sure when take the watch to a jeweler or even to an AD for service.

TAGster

The bid is over 1,300 now.

I reported the item yesterday but it seems eBay is not willing to take down the listing.

Anybody has reported the item also?

I think you may find that some public spirited folks are bidding it up................only for their accounts to be discovered as socks.

True that.

jeffrx

I sent the seller this message -

"You know this is most likely a "replica" Rolex, right? You are selling a fake watch. I'm not saying that you are knowingly about to rip somebody off, but as a person who is into replica watches, it is what it is. Worth about 200 bucks probably.... "

and reported for good measure

fatarms

Just sent her this:

I collect replica watches, this is a really, really bad replica of a DSSD.

Do a google search and compare pics of a genuine one to this one, especially the "ORIGINAL GAS ESCAPE VALVE RING LOCK SYSTEM" font and you'll see how far off it is from the original.

Also, the bezel (outer black part) looks to be metal with silver numbers, the real DSSD's have ceramic with bright white numbers.

Compare yours to this one, and be advised that if you sell a replica as a genuine watch, it is completely illegal. I'd advise you to remove this listing.

http://www.traxnyc.com/Rolex-Deepsea-Sea-Dweller-Steel-116660-item27793.html?gclid=CIPyl_eeoLYCFc9cMgod_mkA4w

jeffrx

Just sent her this:

I collect replica watches, this is a really, really bad replica of a DSSD.

Do a google search and compare pics of a genuine one to this one, especially the "ORIGINAL GAS ESCAPE VALVE RING LOCK SYSTEM" font and you'll see how far off it is from the original.

Also, the bezel (outer black part) looks to be metal with silver numbers, the real DSSD's have ceramic with bright white numbers.

Compare yours to this one, and be advised that if you sell a replica as a genuine watch, it is completely illegal. I'd advise you to remove this listing.

http://www.traxnyc.c...CFc9cMgod_mkA4w

Nice. I'll be curious to see if she responds. She really could be a lady who got divorced and picked up a watch that she believed to be of value. That's what makes this interesting. Then again, the seller might be a total scam artist.

jeffrx

Picture #3 of the listing - Toro's nails me thinks.

APOLLO440

Let them find out the hard way, if they have more money than sense, then woe betide them. After all , they ain't going to miss it.

HeavyKrush

$2,175... Ugh.

Slied013

What a POS.