Sign in to follow this  
mario24601

BR 03-92 SS with leather, 2836 movement

mario24601

Hi All:

I just received my first rep, I ordered from TD MR: BR 03-92 SS with leather, 2836 movement.

Initial impressions:

· Nice quality, appears to be good build quality and nice weight.

· Size, a bit larger than I thought, this is probably my largest watch now in my small collection but I like it.

· Couple of cons comparing to gen: incorrect 03-97 on back; buckle BR01 incorrect? I would think should be just BR or BR03, is that right? Both of these not a huge deal breakers.

· The dial numbers are a bit ‘flat’ but not as bad as I thought would be. They look crisp and easy to read. Haven’t tired lum but I’m sure wont be that good – but that doesn’t really matter to me.

· Leather band is comfortable, glad went with leather vs. rubber, been reading rubber ones can ‘break’.

· Watch was packaged well and arrived exactly one week after shipping.

Overall I am happy with the purchase. The reason I bought this watch was to get a ‘feel’ for the watch and then get the gen if really like it but now not sure if need/want the gen. This one is nice enough don’t you think?

Attached are few pictures sorry for quality or overkill. Any opinions?

Also, should I tighten the front screws or no need to? Not sure what screwdriver to use, don’t want to scratch it. Hi All:

I just received my first rep, I ordered from TD MR: BR 03-92 SS with leather, 2836 movement.

Initial impressions:

• Nice quality, appears to be good build quality and nice weight.
  • Size, a bit larger than I thought, this is probably my largest watch now in my small collection but I like it.
  • Couple of cons comparing to gen: incorrect 03-97 on back; buckle BR01 incorrect? I would think should be just BR or BR03, is that right? Both of these not a huge deal breakers.
  • The dial numbers are a bit ‘flat’ but not as bad as I thought would be. They look crisp and easy to read. Haven’t tired lum but I’m sure wont be that good – but that doesn’t really matter to me.
  • Leather band if comfortable, glad went with leather vs. rubber, been reading rubber ones can ‘break’. I do want a D9 band but they are pretty pricy.
  • Watch was packaged well and arrived exactly one week after shipping.

Overall I am happy with the purchase. The reason I bought this watch was to get a ‘feel’ for the watch and then get the gen if really like it but now not sure if need/want the gen. This one is nice enough don’t you think?

Attached are few pictures sorry for quality or overkill. Any opinions?

Also, should I tighten the front screws or no need to? Not sure what screwdriver to use, don’t want to scratch it.

dsc8740o.jpg

dsc8741h.jpg

dsc8742n.jpg

dsc8746k.jpg

dsc8748c.jpg

dsc8749n.jpg

dsc8752copy.jpg

dsc8753uf.jpg

dsc8755copy.jpg

dsc8755m.jpg

img20130326103607.jpg

img20130326103634.jpg

img20130326103747.jpg

img20130326104007.jpg

img20130326104104.jpg

Edited by mario24601

rory4881

Nice selection of pics!

Have thought about this watch quite a few times. Have loved it then hated it then loved it again.

Have managed to hold off so far!

The BR01 buckle would annoy me though.

kingkaiser

Mario, beautiful watch. Is it just me, or does this watch have colourless AR? Seems better than the normal blue /purple you tend to see on reps of the b&rs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Visioneer

Nice...wear it proudly.

Chavezzito

Sweet!

My slighlty darker one say´s hi

IMG_0962.jpg

mario24601

Mario, beautiful watch. Is it just me, or does this watch have colourless AR? Seems better than the normal blue /purple you tend to see on reps of the b&rs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah I do not see much color reflection...maybe a small tint of blue but its seems to me thats the sky reflection when I move in front of my PC (screen light) I dont see any color.

Member X

Great choice :)

The screws on the front should be a weird 3.5mm size - if you use a smaller one you can chew the screw slots up.

Did you get strap bar tools too, so you can ensure the hex screws stay tight?

mario24601

Yes got hex but can't find right driver for front ones. Anyone know?