Sign in to follow this  
Podges

What kind of person buys a Rep ?!?!?!

rhouston8080

That's what I'm saying! It's art for people like us. I don't wear 1 submariner and try to trick people. I'm actually wearing an Orient watch right now, but when I get home I'm going to look at all of my watches and smile. Hell, I'll probably change watches 3-4 times before bed alone, and ONLY my wife will see. But I promise she won't even notice! lol

fragzzone

For some it is a lifestyle, it is a matter of taste and feeling good. One thing is how much you can pay for a watch and another is how much you want to pay for it. IMO reps provide style at a fair price.

gyddyp

i wore the same casio for about 15 years and never considiered buying a rep until i borrowed my sons rep submariner. can't explain other than as fraggzone just said... style at a fair price.

waynu
Very thought provoking question...I think you covered the answers throughly. I have a great job and have money to buy a nice gen and have bought a few in my day. BUT, I would never spend money on one of each Rolex, A Lange Sohne, Audemars Piguet, Tag, Omega, Pam, PP, Cartier etc etc etc...I can do that with a Reps! I can choose to wear a very cool watch that goes perfectly with any attire or situation I find myself in. I don't try to "trick" anyone but if they say, "Hey nice watch." I just respond with, "Thank you."

I'm with jC39.

yep - agree

rhouston8080

The important thing is that you like watches. The reason you like them is not that big of deal...

fe22ari
That's what I'm saying! It's art for people like us. I don't wear 1 submariner and try to trick people. I'm actually wearing an Orient watch right now, but when I get home I'm going to look at all of my watches and smile. Hell, I'll probably change watches 3-4 times before bed alone, and ONLY my wife will see. But I promise she won't even notice! lol

Only 3-4 times?

Sent using The Force

RussP

Interesting question:

I've never owned a rep until I signed up on this site.

Now, there's no looking back.

Speaking purely for myself, I use a wristwatch as an accessory to what I wear that day; and have made (RWG) my purchases accordingly.

I'll continue the buying spree for as long as I'm able to.............or as long as my wife tolerates it.

fire007

To play the game, or rather OUTSMART it ;)...

Dinicol

Someone who likes variety daily and not want just one 'good' watch, (same with cars, women ......... You know what I mean)!!!!

Mechwarrior

imho there are 34.000 different opinions about buying replica on this forum ^_^

stenchlord

It's really only hard to articulate if you feel you need to justify the reason why you buy replicas.

I don't feel I need to justify it to anyone, I buy these watches because they're something I want. If I didn't want them, I wouldn't buy them.

Whether or not we can afford to buy the genuine versions and whether or not we're willing to spend it is our own volition and no one elses.

If people don't understand this then that is their problem.

JasperB

I think it's a 'collecting' thing. I collected vases before this, but only those made between the turn of the century (1900) to the mid 1920's, and only British. Before that I collected Guitars, now I collect rep watches (I have 7 Gens as well - but none of them 'luxury' watches)

I will get tired of this, my track record is clear on that, but meanwhile I like it. It's a hobby like any other, there's no psychology in it at all. I tell people it's a rep and I could not give a monkeys what they think of that :)

Frankt8242

one word description:......SMART :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

RichardMiami

Adult's only answer:

Buy watches for yourself and NOT for others.

That, my friend, is that.

Realism

This kind is the special kind

thread_hot_lock.gifHow do you all keep your watches safe ?

Views: 1,968

Posted By AudemarsGeek1

How do you all keep your watches safe ?

Just wondering because over time i have spent a lot of money on watches and i don't want them to be stolen. I personally have thought of getting a safe.

thread_hot.gifNew Rolex Explorer I suits my age?

Views: 1,306

Posted By AudemarsGeek1

This may shock you all but i'm 17 and i have the...

This may shock you all but i'm 17 and i have the following:

AP Diver

PAM 111

Rolex 116610LN Sub C

PO 42mm

Rolex Explorer II 42mm

I do get some looks when i'm wearing the Sub C and the PO...

thread_hot.gifWhat Car Do You Drive With Your Rolex

Views: 105,267

Posted By AudemarsGeek1

Jaguar S type R Mercedes 120 Vito sport ...

Jaguar S type R

Mercedes 120 Vito sport

Mercedes c class

P4GTR

Because IMO the majority of these "rep" watches are an accumulation of parts made from the same factories that make genuine swiss luxury watches.

dasselin

This is my first post so go easy on me. I like rep watches because I can afford them. My sister is very "not rich" and I would not be able to sit and enjoy a $8k gen while she is worried about money for Christmas gifts. That being said, I also think that most "luxury" watches can be far MORE attractive than EVERY Kardashian or any other idiot "pop culture icon" that plenty of people worship, or dream of being like, all day long. If only just to look at them in a case in my home, in that minutet, I can find myself more entertained than in an hour on TV or 2 hours of a movie (except Bond of course). They are tiny little peices of perfect art to me. There is only 1 "Mona Lisa", but how many homes have a rep of it on the wall? Does anyone actually think it to be the "real" one? Hell no! If you have a "copy" of Van Gogh's Starry Night, you have "great taste", but if you have a rep Montblanc you're a "wannabe"?!?!?! It's art and beauty and I WANT TO HOLD IT!!! That is why I buy them.

I love your thinking a reproduction of a Monet in your living room and you have taste

But a Rolex and you’re a fraud…. Love the analogy.. :thumbsup:

Painter6

What? These are reps? I just thought I was getting a really good deal from a nice group of people in China.

dingle

What? These are reps? I just thought I was getting a really good deal from a nice group of people in China.

:lol: